Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Hybrid - Batteries Being Disconnected

Ethanedwards

My Yaris HSD is going into a body shop next week (Direct Line approved one in Basildon - called UK A...). They are putting a new wing on it. Long story...not my fault...etc.

Anyway rather than fix the small dent they are fitting a entire new front o/s wing and respraying the front bumper. ...assured their work up to Toyota standards, guaranteed etc etc.

I am sure they will be disconnecting both batteries. Do I need to be concerned about anything? Will the keys retain the programming....will the Touch n Go ICE be OK ? Will it be suffering because of MMGW? etc.

What do I need to keep an eye on please.

BTW - I am going to put a note in the car about how to use the keyless start etc and the location of BOTH batteries etc. Irrespective of their assurances that they know all about hybrids. This is my precious baby we're talking about here.

Any thoughts guys?

My Yaris HSD is going into a body shop next week (Direct Line approved one in Basildon - called UK A...). They are putting a new wing on it. Long story...not my fault...etc.

Anyway rather than fix the small dent they are fitting a entire new front o/s wing and respraying the front bumper. ...assured their work up to Toyota standards, guaranteed etc etc.

I am sure they will be disconnecting both batteries. Do I need to be concerned about anything? Will the keys retain the programming....will the Touch n Go ICE be OK ? Will it be suffering because of MMGW? etc.

What do I need to keep an eye on please.

BTW - I am going to put a note in the car about how to use the keyless start etc and the location of BOTH batteries etc. Irrespective of their assurances that they know all about hybrids. This is my precious baby we're talking about here.

Any thoughts guys?

Give them the keys and let them sort it. Its their responsibility and not yours, putting info of your own in could lead to confusion, and possibly be used against you if things do go wrong.

I assume the Yaris hybrid comes with the same basic quick start info card the Prius does? If so leave that on the drivers seat when you give them the car keys.

They shouldn't be needing to touch any of the batteries to be honest I wouldn't have thought.

New wing? Suggest you Google UK Assistance.

Some dealers are scared stiff of the hybrids and EVs and if these vehicles are being repaired some insurers/repairers are sending the car to the main dealers to have the HV batteries immobilised (ie disconnecting it), then sent to the repairers for repair, then back to the main dealers for the Battery to be connected again.

The HV Battery has an immobilisor/large switch for this eventuality.

One thing you might want to check though is whether the body shop will be using an oven. If they do, be very very careful they don't overcook your HV Battery. Others will clarify if ovens are still used etc etc

Make sure they're Toyota approved. Some insurance companies would send you anywhere for repairs. Good luck with getting your car fixed :)

Make sure they're Toyota approved. Some insurance companies would send you anywhere for repairs. Good luck with getting your car fixed :)

Agree.

I was with Toyota Insurance and whilst not the cheapest, they offer a good value policy and send your car to a Toyota body shop. Mrs Cabbie unfortunately had to use their services last year and the repairs were very good, the service was spot on and an insurance claim that could have turned nasty if delayed was handled so efficiently that we never heard a peep from the third party.

• 2 weeks later...

Got it back today. Looks like a superb job. But boy did they milk the cost. 1200 quid luckily -not my insurance.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links