Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Introduction And Question About Tyres

Duzzy

Hi Folks.

Recently bought a 2001 plate 3dr automatic. I noticed on the drive home that there appeared a lot of road noise. The tyres are Sailon Terramax CVR size 235/60 16". I have never heard of them but it transpires that they are chinese and quite well known in Canada and the US. Before I change them is there anyone on hear with any experience of having them or their Rav or any other vehicle. I have read some of the threads about tyres so I wont ask for recommendations for suitable tyres. However, please feel free to name a tyre type/brand if its not too much trouble.

Many thanks

Barry (duzzy)

Goodyear Efficientgrip SUV, just fitted four of these to my Rav, far less Road noise coming back into the car, a softer tyre, so a smoother ride and surprisingly less roll when going round corners etc.

Thanks Bobby.

Appreciate the feedback.

Regards

Barry.

Some years ago I bought a 3-dr auto that was fitted with good quality Bridgestone Duelers but had the most awful road noise. I'd used Duelers on all my previous RAVs and never had any issues with them. However, it turned out that these particular tyres had developed flatspots from lack of use which, in turn, generated the noise (and some vibes).

I fitted a new set of Cooper CS4 and they transformed the car.

As far as recommendations are concerned, I've had good experiences with the Coopers, Duelers and Conti Cross Contacts.

Thanks for the reply Jim.

Good point about possible flat sides. As I've just bough the car I dont know if it was sitting around prior to sale. Knowing that the current tyres are budget at best and showing some age I'm going to change them anway. Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards

Barry.

michelin cross contact, fitting some when i get the cash together.

edit........now known as latitude cross

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links