Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Does Traction Control Actually Do On A T25 Avensis?

AlysAvensis

Had a heavy downpour today

Going up a hill in 2nd gear and wheelspin the traction control light was flashing but doing nothing to the car. Is that all the system is a light that flashes

was it TRC or VSC light flashing?

Traction control should detect the start of wheelspin & limit engine output to curtail it (it may also invoke braking on some cars - not sure about on a T25 Avensis).

Interestingly I seem to get noticeably more wheelspin on my T27 than I did on my T25 so I presume that they changed the operation of the system in some way.

was it TRC or VSC light flashing?

Traction control should detect the start of wheelspin & limit engine output to curtail it (it may also invoke braking on some cars - not sure about on a T25 Avensis).

Interestingly I seem to get noticeably more wheelspin on my T27 than I did on my T25 so I presume that they changed the operation of the system in some way.

No TRC or VSC weren't flashing it was a flashing skidding car light but the car was doing nothing to stop wheel spin was just hitting the red line!

In this case traction control acts in standart way: reduce power, brakes front seperate wheels to diverse power between them, at the same time car moves left to write a little in order to find grip.But in the case of aquaplaning then no system will help.I had a situation driving uphill a steep slope, in winter with icy road, i had new honda then and car started reducing revs despite what i did, all together speed reduced but there still wasn't any grip. I thought i will stop just before top of the hill, but somehow it didn't.After that situation if i see i'm about to get into same conditions, all traction control systems are being switched off. This is recomended by experts too, because traction control is aimed to find grip,untill it's done it keeps on doing what is programed to,but if you have a terrible road ahead and speed is low you can not afford to loose momentum, what actually TC does.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links