Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Keeping Cool

DaveDix

I have a 2001 1.8 Rav4 with aircon problems and wondered if anyone can help. The system is fully gassed, definitely and has no leaks. When the system is "fired up" it runs for about 3 seconds and then cuts out then the light on the dash a/c button starts to flash. The compressor does start up for those few seconds so I assume it is not seized.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Exactly the same symptoms on a previous Rav4 of ours. It was the compressor which could not be freed up so had to have a new unit fitted. Not cheap i'm afraid.

Bryan

Btyan, thanks for your response, although I am pretty sure my compressor is running for a very short priod of time and then it cuts out for some reason.

Dave

Clutch on the end of the compressor, see my other reply today regarding 4.2 ac issue and it could be the same problem I had.

Thanks Grumpy stumpy, I will show your reply to my local garage.

No problem hopefully be similar to fix. Can't recall whether he put a smaller shim in or thicker I,m afraid but what ever he did made the clutch engage every time ok.

Phil

• 4 weeks later...

Just to let you know that the problem has been resolved. The fault was a broken wire to the compressor.

Thanks to those of you that responded.

Dave

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links