Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Replace The Cigarette Lighter Fuse?

NicB

Hi,

The cigarette lighter on our Avensis TR no longer charges accessories such as mobile phones etc. Also, the internal vanity lights are not working either. The last time this happened it was a blown fuse which was very quick for the AutoLeck guy to fix, although on that occasion it only affected the internal lights, nothing else.

I suspect what happened was when I plugged in the car pump, somehow it exceeded the fuse's rating and blew the fuse.

I have located the location of the fuse boxes inside the car, one under the glove box and another one under the steering column. According to the manual, fuse no. 40 is for the cigarette lighter (15A) but the diagram on the back of the cover does not correspond to what the manual says!

Also, how do you change the fuses inside this compartment, as they seem very deep inside!

Any ideas guys?

Regards,

Nic

I had to replace a fuse on my Avensis recently( albeit it was for the brake lights) and it was in the fuse box behind the glove box. the fuse diagram was stuck on the back of the glove box. This may help.

cigarette lighter is a non-politically correct term these days, the fuse box cover may identify under Power Outlet or may even be under Accessories Group.

just a by the way comment, I found a discarded cigarette packet today with three cigs inside it. As an ex-smoker I was amazed to find how thin modern cigs are, barely the thickness of a 5/16" drill. the 20 packet seems like the old 10 packet. AND they cost about £6 a packet, don't they?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links