Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Converting To Compressor And Crunchy 2nd Gear

ashtsport

Hi looking for some advice bought a t sport yesterday and wanted to know what bits I need to convert my t sport to a compressor or with the supercharger? Also apart from the apexi fc is there a cheaper way to drop the lift to 6000/5800rpm and my gearbox is crunching a little when gearing up down when putting foot down. I know it needs a release beating due to the racket the box is making when cold but want to know if I need another gearbox. If anyone knows of a compressor kit for sale or one braking and what I need that be great

If you want a compressor, buy a compressor. It'll work out cheaper than converting your non supercharged T-Sport.

To do the upgrade you need a custom inlet manifold, or else a Rotrex Supercharger, brackets, pipework, plus an ECU and bigger injectors. If you can't do the work youself it'll be a large bill for custom fabrication and tuning and mapping. And you won't even be able to run much boost without a rebuilt engine.

Re crunching gearbox, sounds like the clutch may not be disengaging properly. A repalcement clutch SHOULD fix it, but it could be worn synchros in which case it's a box rebuild or a replacement gearbox ( ~£250 + fitting).

Ok thanks after looking into supercharging my normal t sport i am now wanting to turbo it instead slightly better gains from supercgarging it.

But on rhd corollas like mine ive been told the steering column is in the way or makes it very difficult to fit. Ive seen a cheap eBay turbo kit for peanuts but will run a t3/t4 garrat turbo instead but was wondering what i will need to fabricate or change to allow me to turbo my t sport thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links