Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Acceleration Problems.

ZakGen7

Hi, I've had my 2000 gen 7, pre face lift for little under a year now. Love the car, drive it nearly every day just for fun 😀

But recently I've been getting an issue when accelerating. When driving alone are say 3000rpm, putting my foot down to overtake I get a spike in rpm but no pull from the car, the revs then drop and the car finally starts to pull. Sometimes it's worse than others, I was just hoping someone can give me a bit of insight as to what this might be.

Any help will be massively appreciated appreciated, thanks.

Sounds like your clutch is slipping. To test it put the handbrake on hard and attempt to pull away in 5th gear. If you can let the clutch (almost) all the way out then the clutch is knackered.

• Like 1

Agree...sounds clutch related to me.

Neil

Thank you for your help guys. Is it a pretty expensive fix? Just so I know, it's worth fixing fixing obviously.

Probably a bit over a hundred quid plus a half shift for fitting, so depending on labour price, somewhere between £300 - £500

Just replaced my clutch with an Aisin OEM one...Clutch kit was £92 (you can buy cheaper but it won't be Aisin)..and I bought new drive shaft oil seals too (£23)...plus I had a gear box oil change using fully synthetic Motyl 75w/90 gearbox oil.(£33 for 3 litres...but only used 2).

The whole job took about 5+ hours in the workshop and cost £440..TOTAL. (labour/parts/materials/VAT)

I only replaced it because I had a noisy release bearing tbh..the clutch operated fine..but now I have peace of mind..and new gearbox oil. (The old oil was not a pretty sight)..and I've got rid of that really annoying release bearing noise.!!!

It's something I shall never have to do again.!!(hopefully)

Neil

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links