Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stone And Bug Deflectors

cviclark

I have just come back from Vancouver, there must be more hybrid Toyota's there than anywhere and more different types of Toyota. Most have stone/ bug deflectors but I could not find any new shape Auris (the old shape is called Matrix) and they are model specific. I have searched but cannot find them in UK. The bonnet of my year old car is already pock marked. Does anybody know a source for these in UK?

The Matrix isn't a direct equivalent of the Auris - although the second generation looks similar, it was originally a joint venture between Toyota and GM based on the 2002 Corolla platform, with the GM versions called the Pontiac Vibe.

Somewhere these things are just popular, somewhere they're not. Try searching from Team HEKO in Poland and then maybe straight from Japan. They are surely available as I've seen some on new model Auris. In Japan it is called Corolla ZRE182.

If you want more invisible protection you can go for clear protective film. There are many of them available.

I have found one that looks good called the AVS Carflector. The pic looks like an Auris but on some sites its a Camry others a Corolla. It says its model dependent but some sites show the same item fitted to a Honda so it cant be that dependent. Snag is they want $150 for shipment . It would be nice if Toyota Uk could come up with a recommended list but the only thing in accessories is fashion junk and there is nobody on the contacts who looks like they can help. I can not believe I am the only one to have a problem with stone chips on the bonnet. Someone is missing an opportunity, they are available for the RAV but not normal cars.

also available for T27 Avensis (I picked 1 up cheap although I haven't fitted it yet) but I guess that they appear not to sell enough of these in the UK for them to be worthwhile as a stock line.

There is also a company in Germany that does "car bras" -perhaps they may have a pattern for the new Auris.

or there is the paint protection films such as £M's Ventureshield.

I have exhausted all Toyota contacts. Toyota UK do not import Carflectors ( Stone deflectors)for cars only trucks. Nobody knows what models in N. America have the same bonnet profile as the Auris. I could get one brought over from Canada but I would rather have a one recommended by Toyota. Plenty available for Nissan and VW and of course a Toyota truck. All Toyota accessories want to sell is fashion. Anyone know what models have the same bonnet profile?

that Toyota UK do not do deflectors for cars clearly has not been true in the past - as I said I have one for an Avensis http://www.burrowstoyotaparts.co.uk/avensis-2010-on-hood-deflector-pz451-t0531-za-i523.html I do notice that it does not appear to have an equivalent for the just released "new" Avensis presumably because they just don't sell enough for it to be worth their while. Similarly the Sport type of accessories (front grille etc.) for the T27 Avensis has been in decline since it's introduction.

Doubt whether any US models have a similar bonnet profile to the Auris. The Matrix wasn't a direct equivalent to the Auris, and is now out of production.

You could try and see what is available on the Australian market as the current Corolla hatchback sold there is the same as the Auris.

Toyota Australia list both bonnet and headlight protection as genuine accessories. I could not find the price as a location detector referred me back to Toyota GB, who are useless. I could probably e-mail a dealer but I guess shipping costs would be prohibitive plus which it is clear rather than smoked. The AVS Carflector is a better product but they have a lot of different model numbers. At least I now know they are made, all i have to do now is find where in china they come from.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all the links to eBay Australia but they list what looks like two different part numbers for what looks to be the same item and I can not get a price for shipping. The type number for Auris Hybrid 2013 is ZWE186. Toyota GB will not tell me what type of Toyota's in Canada (N. America) have the same bonnet profiles. They do not supply Toyota accessories even genuine ones sold in other regions. So much for an International Company. Now its the gritting season in Flintshire my bonnet is deteriorating rapidly as they just lay the chippings and wait for the public to bed them in. I have tried every polish on the market from Liquid Hard Glaze and Super Resin to old fashion WAX none seem to offer any protection. I guess its the new paint type, I never had a problem with my SAAB 96 which I had for over 20 years. Maybe its a cunning plan to get us to change cars every couple of years?

Your Saab probably had oil based paint, whereas cars made in recent years use water based paint. Toyota GB is a separate company within the Toyota Group and have responsibility for vehicle sales within the UK and Malta - so why would they know about bonnet profiles of Canadian models. Accessories from outside Europe won't have undergone European Type Approval, so Toyota GB would be unable to supply them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links