Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Couple Of Questions About My Newly Acquired 2005 Avensis

TheWha?

I have just acquired a 2005 Toyota AvensisT3-X 2.0L VVT-i petrol sequential automatic from a local Toyota dealer.. When I drove the car I commented on how heavy the steering was (especially compared to my vectra 2.2 petrol auto I traded in), the salesmen commented they were known for this. Checked the tyre pressures all okay, any thoughts?

Also I noticed when starting from cold the engine revs up to just under 2K revs as though it has an automatic choke, I thought these disappeared in the eighties, when warm it is okay.

Check for recalls on mine on line, said none were outstanding. The car has done 39K with FSH.

The engine high revs on cold start is normal. How fast does the revs settle down during warm up?

How heavy is the steering compared to the Vectra. Is it at all speeds or when driving slow? Is the power steering fluid topped up and the tyres at the right pressure? Different models will have different feel and assistance. May be a drive of a similar car tell you if it normal.

Thanks for that, the revs settle to a normal level when the engine warms, just wasen't expecting this to happen anymore. Steering is quite a bit heavier at all speeds than vectra, tyre pressures okay. I have a colleague with an 03 plate 1.8 petrol, I will ask him what his ia like, maybe get a drive in it.

If the tyres are fairly worn it'll feel heavy.

Both my T25 1.8vvti's revved high when cold.

• Like 1

Thanks for that, seems the norm to rev when cold then. There is plenty of tread on the tyres but they are Firestones which I would not fit, previously having issues with this brand on a previous car.

Your friends a t25 type like yours?If so the power steering on the 1.8 is electric assisted

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links