Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Wont Crank, Battery Low Charge?

roks

I drove 21 miles on Friday, then did couple of local trips then on Sunday afternoon, I drove back home 21 miles and parked in the drive way.

This morning the car wont start. On first try starter seem to turn a bit and every subsequent try it turned less and less, until its was just the dash lights.

I measure the Battery with a Battery & alternator tester, it showed low Battery charge or the light flickered and went off, then with the multi meter, it showed 9.5 volts.

I checked head lights etc they we're off ( I've learned that hard way in the past.).

I am going to see if I can charge the battery with a charger, as I cannot get a 2nd car in the drive.

Also, the battery was in good condition with good charge last time I checked couple of month ago.

Any ideas as to what could have caused the battery to go flat in a day or so?

Check the boot light isn't on.

How old is the Battery? It's not uncommon for an old one to just give up.

from the paper work, it had Battery test failed in 2011, So I am assuming it was replaced by the previous owner some time then as it not the original Battery and it also looks like its a SEALED type, not the one with water in in so I cant add distilled water.

I will check boot light when I get in. Are you saying when the boot is closed, that light does not turn off?

I will check boot light when I get in. Are you saying when the boot is closed, that light does not turn off?

It should turn off with the boot closed, but maybe it's not?

OK, thanks, I take a look.

Edit: What amp charger will I need?

OK, solved, it was the passenger light the was left on......

realised I had break down cover until the 21st, so made use of that.

Thanks for your help.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links