Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Importing Hiace Bus 2014/2015 To The Uk

hoppyh

Hi anyone got any information on Importing. Looking to Import three Toyota HiAce Commuter Bus Diesel Auto.to the UK.

Would it be better to Import from Japan/NZ or Australia or somewhere else

No Older than three Years but as Close to new as possible.

I may go new but I heard this may cause further issues on Importing.

Would Toyota Honor a Warranty on any imports

Would register them as 9 Seater M1 Class and take out extra seats.

Think the warranty may be an issue as they won't be Type Approved for use within the EU/UK. You will probably need to undergo individual vehicle approval anyway - https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-approval/individual-vehicle-approval

Info on importing a vehicle into the UK is here - https://www.gov.uk/importing-vehicles-into-the-uk/registering-an-imported-vehicle

Might not go brand new then do you no anything about which country would be better to import from.

Toyota UK can't or won't help I am guessing this is more of a legal issue I wonder if I was buying a few more if this would change.

There is nothing this good in the UK. My Business needs to update our Vehicles.

We imported from Europe before but I was seeing if anyone else has information on costs of the IVA for Hiaces.

Toyota_Hiace_(fifth_generation)_(Grand_C

Toyota GB probably won't be able to help due to the vehicles not having Type Approval for use within the UK, and I don't think numbers come into it.

Japan or Australia imports would be right hand drive - think importing from Japan is better established than from Australia.

It would be classed as M2 if I kept it stock, but I intend on removing seats to have no more than 9 icluding driver . So it would be classed as M1.

M2 would need Tacho and a D1 Driving Licence

It seems there is not sliding door on both sides of the version I posted and my company drives in Europe a lot as well as the UK. Can't have passengers getting out in the middle of the road.

It Also seems a new model is coming out in 2016 might wait and see what that is before I replace my stock.

We currently have Fleet of 2011 9 Seat Renault Trafic

New Renault Trafic is boring and not Automatic and not enough space.

• 4 years later...
On 7/8/2015 at 11:01 PM, hoppyh said:

Might not go brand new then do you no anything about which country would be better to import from.

Toyota UK can't or won't help I am guessing this is more of a legal issue I wonder if I was buying a few more if this would change.

There is nothing this good in the UK. My Business needs to update our Vehicles.

We imported from Europe before but I was seeing if anyone else has information on costs of the IVA for Hiaces.

Toyota_Hiace_(fifth_generation)_(Grand_C

What's the process with this van and price to the UK?

The op hasn't been on here since May 2015

Anything imported is subject to tax then a IVA what is £200+ depending on what is needed to make it UK legal and a UK MOT once registered you can tax it

Shipping costs £1800 - 3000 depending on the route and port, if you go through a broker they will want their 20-30% assuming its coming from japan

1-2 year old van/bus all in, is likely to be £15k Plus