Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Uk Couriers

vmail

how many couriers are there in the UK?

Delivery companies? Delivery drivers?

Or do you mean the Ford Van?

My dads a courier, there are a LOT of people in the business.

Delivery companies, and what are their names

There's Securicor in Hull, with Dave, John, Phil in despatch Joan, Mary and Janet in the office, then there's the guy who does temping on a weekend(can't remember his name).

Hope it helps :thumbsup:

just want a list of company names cos I dont trust royal mail

couriers charge a hell of a lot.

If its important, use Royal Mail Special Del.

A phone went missing that i send ages ago. Popped a claim in with proof of purchase , and they repaid me in full

do royal mail do a fixed rate tariff for different package weight?

Yes vmail and i've used them twice 2 send away my 2 induction kits and found them 2 very good! Reasonable price also!

Cheers :thumbsup:

cheers, but I allways have to pop the package on the scales, each time Ive been charges different prices 3.55-15.00

Charges vary with weight for Royal Mail. The Royal-Mail website lists the varying charges. I've used them a couple of times and they are fine, they quote delivery times of 3-5 days, but parcels have been known to arrive on the 2nd day.

One thing I always make sure of though is that I pay for insurance. It's only about £1.50 but worth every penny if anything goes wrong.

depends what service and what weight for royal mail and for larger items i find them to be very expensive and not really any good!

ie have sent things that probably weigh past 10kgs and been charged approx £14 for the privelage, and then watched the numb nut behind the counter chuck the damn thing about! which im happy to report was a load of in car DVD kit!

alternatively sending very similar items of similar weight value and type with the likes of TNT it has only cost me £7 for next day, signed delivery!

just sent an entire bumper extension yaris bodykit for £9 next day with TNT aswell as opposed to the quote of £21 with the post office!

Yeah I wouldn't use Royal Mail.

Unless you want:

The most reliable next day delivery service in Europe.

Easy compensation no quibbles pay out on failure.

Confirmation of delivery on line.

Delivery by 9am if required (additional fee).

No - your best bet is to phone up a courier in the Yellow Pages and wait to see if a self employed yob in a white van turns up to get it off you.

There's Securicor in Hull, with Dave, John, Phil in despatch Joan, Mary and Janet in the office, then there's the guy who does temping on a weekend(can't remember his name).

Hope it helps :thumbsup:

The temp you are thinking of is Alan. His brother also used to work there but I think he left to work in Argos.

:thumbsup:

perhaps i phrased my last post a little badly as i do think royal mail are very good in terms of small items, recorded and next day delivery..

in fact, at least 50% of the items i send by 2nd class make their destination the next day! so its by no means a bad service

i just feel that you can do much better off when it comes to bigger and heavier items

perhaps i phrased my last post a little badly as i do think royal mail are very good in terms of small items, recorded and next day delivery..

in fact, at least 50% of the items i send by 2nd class make their destination the next day! so its by no means a bad service

i just feel that you can do much better off when it comes to bigger and heavier items

fair enough.

:group-cuddles:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links