Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Stereo [toyota 58827] Partially Stopped Working

BoltonBomber

Hi, hoping you guys can help out here.

Recently the Toyota 58827 stereo in my RAV has been playing up. Some buttons have stopped working, namely, 4,5,6 of the radio and the load button on the CD.

A few days later the bluetooth hands-free wouldn't connect to my phone any more and when I tried to access the set-up menu from the handset buttons there was a short interruption to the radio then it exited completely. The usual female voice saying 'set-up menu, etc etc' simply isn't there any more and it doesn't accept voice control.

I did change the Battery around a month ago and cannot think of anything else that could have caused this, has anybody any ideas please?

Many thanks in anticipation

Steve

• 1 month later...

hi just been reading the issues you having with the RAV4 stereo (58827) my wife's has started going weird as well. On ours the volume button seems very temperamental so we have to use the steering wheel volume control. Also we been having an issue with the CD player either not accepting a cd to it spitting the disc out after 1 song. Did u manage to sort out your issues ???? Cheers

ScottW

Hi, I didn't sort it out and now the CDs won't load. Thankfully I was able to get the loaded CDs out but nothing more. I've been planning to get into the local dealership to find a solution but haven't yet done so. If you find a solution before I do could you let me know please. Cheers

Hi BoltonBomber its so frustrating it sounds like a common fault with this radio. If I find anything out I will Defoe let you know. Cheers for the reply

• 7 years later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links