Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Centre Exhaust

ALake

Like many others before me, my centre exhaust has started to blow :ermm:

With toyotas stupid pricing for this part it was either ditch the car or source an alternative. 10 minutes on eBay seems to have provided a matching part for £50 which will require fitting by a local garage. Hopefully this will be a workable solution or its a) £50 down the drain and B) au reviour to my rav4!

I'll let you know how it works out!

I got mine from eurocar parts cost around £120 ish I think they do give you a 2 year warranty. Had a local garage fit the exhaust charged £30

I tried Euro but they seem to be out of stock, these eBay company is German and promised delivery in 3 days!

Worth a go I suppose. I know you have to cut the exhaust just after the secondary cat so I'm hoping my local exhaust experts can do that.

Yes tbe exhaust has to be cut it took less than an hour to have the old one removed and new one fitted. Euro didn't have it in stock when I went to buy mine. They did order it and it arrived the next day. I know about the German one on eBay the only thing that put me off was the warranty, it would be a pain to have it sent back. Then again at that price I suppose it's still worth it

Well a local garage fitted the exhaust today for 30 quid. £80 all in and it looks like a decent quality part as well.

Would recommend thit ebayer seller if anyone's interested, it only took 3 days to arrive from Germany!

Fantastic glad it's sorted.

• 3 weeks later...

My centre box on my 2007 2.2 Diesel blew, I found a company that replaced the entire exhaust CAT backwards in stainless steel for a shade under £300 all in. They manufactured on the premises from scratch an exhaust system and fitted it in a shade under an hour. It sounds quieter than the original system. I cannot reccommend these guys highly enough. Tony Banks in leeds. If you plan to keep the car long term this is a good investment. You need to make an appointment for fitting though, as they are quite busy. They have done quite a few Rav's of this vintage already.

PS my local ATS quoted £200 just for the centre box, fitted.