Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Immobiliser

Nigs

A few weeks ago my Battery went flat, on my 1999 diesel Corolla, so I disconnected it and rechanged it, since then the engine turns over but will not fire up, im told the immobiliser has kicked in and will not allow it to start the engine, what can I do to get it started again?? My local garage says it will cost £400 to fix!!

Have had my Battery off the car overnight more than once and the only problem I have had is that the tickover rpm is a bit rough for the first few miles as the ECU 'learns' to run the engine smoothly.

Not heard about any problem like you describe, but my initial thoughts would be have you got all the wires / spades firmly and cleanly connected to clean Battery terminals, ie a smaller wire has not dropped down under the Battery area ?

Also, have you checked all the fuses, you just might have had a surge when removing or fitting the battery and its blown some ..?

If non of the above, sure the D4D guys will soon be in to help further..

Hi tried all of that, and its still not working!

Cheers

Is there anything else not working eg interior light, dash lights, remote locking etc? Have you checked the OBD for any trouble code(s)?

Long shot 1: do you have another key to try it with (or have you already tried both keys and it's just the same?)

Long shot 2: open the drivers door window, put key in the ignition in "ON" position, disconnect Battery.if there's an alarm fitted make sure the switch under the bonnet is held down. reconnect the Battery, reach in through the window and try to start it (this way you're eliminating all the courtesy light switches/alarm switches etc and see if there's any luck.

Hi

Long shot 1 - everything is working etc - lights, keys, interior lights etc etc

Long shot 2 - i will give it a go, later, will let you know.