Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2003 Yaris 1.0 Colour Collection Central Locking Yes/no?

Sport16v

Hi all,

My Partner just purchased a 3 door 2003 Yaris 1.0 Colour collection. It came with 3 keys (2 black and 1 silver/grey?!?!? not sure why one is a different colour) but there are no buttons on the keys so no remote locking.

If you unlock the drivers door then the boot unlocks, but the passenger side does not. The same thing happens if you unlock the passengers side (boot unlocks but drivers doesn't), is this normal? Seems very odd to only have central locking between 1 door and the boot, but not both of the doors?

If it's not normal, any ideas on how to fix it?

Many thanks

Rob.

The black keys will be the 'master' keys, and the grey key will be a 'valet' key. Depending on the model the valet key will have limited functionality - eg it will open the doors and start the car, but probably won't open the boot or glovebox (if this is lockable). New keys can only be made from the master keys.

• Like 1

Cool, that clears up the key situation then, thanks.

Anyone know about the central locking? There is a button on the drivers door that has a picture of a door with a key on it... But it only seems to lock & unlock the boot! I'm guessing there is an electrical issue... But not sure where to start... Any ideas folks?

Thanks

If you have the radio code (if it needs one), it would be worth trying a Battery disconnect in case it is just the system being confused. It sounds from your description as though all the individual components are working.

If you don't want to go that far, then identify the central locking fuse and remove and reinsert it. A bit like Ctrl-Alt-Delete on a PC!

Sounds like an electrical issue of some sort, the key and door controls should operate everything at once, not just odds and ends.

I don't have the radio code so best not to remove the Battery... I will try removing the fuse though and putting it back in again, thanks :)

Does anyone have a wiring diagram or pics from a Haynes manual for any of the central locking components? It would be really handy to see. We are only planning on keeping the car a few months so I don't want to buy a Haynes manual for it.

We are only planning on keeping the car a few months so I don't want to buy a Haynes manual for it.

I wouldn't even bother wasting time trying to sort the issue personally then. Haynes manuals are not exactly expensive.

We are only planning on keeping the car a few months so I don't want to buy a Haynes manual for it.

I wouldn't even bother wasting time trying to sort the issue personally then. Haynes manuals are not exactly expensive.

I didn't say they were expensive, but in the context of a £1k car and a minor fix, it's not really worth it.

I have purchased a haynes manual for every car I've owned so far, but they seem to get less useful as cars move on. I tried to look up removing some trim panels in my golf and it was utterly useless so I ended up looking online and found some useful guides that people on the VW forums had put together so I was hoping to find a similar thing for my partners Yaris.

Thanks for your input anyway, I'll just have a look myself and see if I can work it out.

No worries, let us know if it helps! :)

No worries, let us know if it helps! :)

Morning :)

Unfortunately none of those docs seem to cover the central locking system. Does anyone have any docs that do?

TIA

Rob

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links