Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuses Are Confuseing

cuggsy

I plugged in a cool box to my 2003 Corolla on Monday and initially fused the radio. I had to drive 184 miles without Radio 2. Today looked at the fuses and it seems a complete nightmare. I think the fuse is in the glove box area for this? But looks complicated how to gain access. It seems you have to be quite agile.

Open the glove box, on the left hand side there is a little damper secured by a x head screw, remove that and pull the damper off the lug and then the whole glove box is pulled off its two mountings, bit of a crisp tug needed, but not too heavy.

You should then find easy access to the fuses, which normally have their value and locations detailed on the inside of the fuse box lid.

Thank you for the advice. Always bit nervous of attempting any DIY. I think this is the area where the pollen filter is kept too?

Read one review which said, "you had to crouchback to read it" :dontgetit:

Thank you for the advice. Always bit nervous of attempting any DIY. I think this is the area where the pollen filter is kept too?

If you want to do a bit more diy , then suggest you get a copy of the Haynes manual for the relevant year of Corolla.

It covers all the basic servicing in detail plus more complex work; well worth it imho.

Yes, the pollen filter in down in that area and likely needs changing, though the prices can vary dramatically from about £5 at some online places to about £12+ at most motor spares shops.

This diagram shows where it is, but reverse the overall location as the diagram is for a lh drive car.

Do note the direction arrows on the filter before you remove it, and do so gently, keeping flat, as it might be full of muck.

Read one review which said, "you had to crouchback to read it" :dontgetit:

Good exercise or good work for your local osteopath ...

post-95973-0-35842600-1437646173_thumb.j

The glove box is a moments work to remove. Yank it upwards, the hinges just pop out of clips. UNdo that damper too though.

The fuses are generally realy easy to replace, they're designed to be, but you just need the index to work out which fuse number is on which circuit. That said, visual inspection will normally show you which one is blown.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links