Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2007 T180 - Lots Of Warning Lights!.

ninja365

Hi all,

Out today and car suddenly went into limp mode, 4 x 4 light, VSC light and then Engine management. Got the car home and have called the RAC out to have a look get the error codes. Car done 85k, had a recent new Battery, service, EGR cleaned. I have checked the fuel filler cap and its tight and no visible signs of any loose connections under the bonnet.

The car starts and runs fine, no limit on revs just the warning lights on constantly (cycling through the 3 different ones). Not a happy bunny with this car as its had £1500+ spent on tyres, dics + pads, middle exhaust box (i know its all consumables......). Car cost £8000 in December and now only worth £6000! so has cost me £3500 in 8 months. Not what i expected from a Toyota. Normally bulletproof?

Sorry for the rant, will post the error codes later with the hope that some of the tech guru's can offer some advice to the problem.

Thanks

Joe.

Right, a nice man from the RAC turned up and plugged in his kit. Fault codes are:-

P0093 - Excessive Fuel leak in 4 different sections

C1280 - 4 x 4 system

C1201 - Engine Control system fault

C1223 - ABS Control Sytem

C1249 - Open Circuit Stop switch

After reading some posts from the USA, i checked the fuel cap again and it was closed but not to the click, so made sure it clicked. Codes put out and retested with the RAC laptop and none of the fault codes came up again. Driven the car hard for a few miles and all seems well. Could this really be as simple as the fuel cap not being shut properly??

If not, it's a hell of a co-incidence! Keep us posted. & good luck. :)

Quick update,

Car went into local Mr T today who looked into the codes and couldn't find anything too wrong (bearing in mind the RAC cleared the fault codes but I recorded them), but with my agreement changed the fuel filter which they recommend is done every 20,000 miles. Mine hasn't been done since 40,000 and was suitably black and minging. They also seem to think that it may actually improve the MPG a little bit so time will tell. In the meantime, fingers crossed for no more warning lights and will make sure the filler cap is closed properly!!!.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links