Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Forte Turbo Cleaner

frankie406

Has anyone else tried this stuff?forte turbo cleaner? I put a bottle into my tank with low fuel took it a good hammering to get it into the fuel rail and then filled up.im surprised the cars running smoothly with a bit more power and mpg.i will post up a pic later with mpg.ive 1 more bottle to go in next fill.bought both for 22 pounds on eBay.let me know if it's okay to post up the name of the shop!

• Like 1

I always wonder how that stuff would even work as nothing in the fuel system should get anywhere near the turbo unless something has gone very wrong! :lol:

• Like 1

I believe it's non flammable.it goes thru the combustion process then sticks to the turbo vanes.i done an Internet search and all positive with others using it.my mpg has went up the pulling power is better engine a lot smoother.it could all be in my head though.

The mpg has been 61mpg for 3 days now after putting the cleaner in.and fuel range now gives a proper 508miles rather than a pathetic 403 miles from a diesel.

post-114983-0-65720900-1437819387_thumb.

• Like 1

Cheers cyker.it might not work like this for everyone.mine hadn't turbo issues just mpg and filthy intake with oil.so there was misty oil an a slight pool of it in my turbo so thought what the hell it's cheaper than reconditioning the thing just pour a bottle or 2 into the tank and drive.id recommend this to the others on here thats having power loss or turbo issues as a cheap alternative worth a try at 22 pounds for 2 delivered.

Sounds good Frank ?what engine do you have in yours..

I always wonder how that stuff would even work as nothing in the fuel system should get anywhere near the turbo unless something has gone very wrong! :lol:

use good fuel,

drive it like your stole it

It should always run fine ;)

• Like 1

It's the 1cd-ftv 06 2.0 d4d..its only used good fuel BP/texaco only..The missus owned it and only done town driving.no matter how hard a diesel is driven nowadays their problems are the egr valves.the ccv/pcv draws oil into the intake and other places so a clean on those are also needed.not just a regular service.ive the intercooler to clean next and thinking of blocking the egr off.

It's the 1cd-ftv 06 2.0 d4d..its only used good fuel BP/texaco only..The missus owned it and only done town driving.no matter how hard a diesel is driven nowadays their problems are the egr valves.the ccv/pcv draws oil into the intake and other places so a clean on those are also needed.not just a regular service.ive the intercooler to clean next and thinking of blocking the egr off.

Ahh ,you say the wife has only been town driving in the car...therein lies the problem then,these Diesels aren't designed for little trips they are happier on the motorway cruising as they never get properly up to temp for any length of time to burn the crud up ...needs a regular Italian tune up as already said really.

Try adding a little 2 stroke oil to the diesel,this helps keep the engine cleaner.

Forte used to be a `trade only` range of products and sure the Turbo cleaner has been tried and tested to work to some degree.

V-Power on ya cornflakes in the morning ensures a clear passage :toast:

forte diesel treatment, yes - I use this stuff to clean out injectors and SCVs

turbo cleaner .. no.

Why don't you just stick some unleaded in, raises the octane and will make it burn better?

Just put some decent fuel in and drive it through the rev range once in a while. 2nd gear to 3rd gear runs.

I`ve always been told petrol in a modern diesel is a definite no no :dontgetit:

i think that was more critical with the high sulphur content fuel. when they brought in the low sulphur fuel a lot of the older fuel pumps gave problems wearing out (eg Pug 307/8) but they changed the materials they were made of. wouldn't imagine a 5 to 10% mix of petrol as a one off cleanout would do any lomg term damage.

sorry about the underline, just noticed it and can't be ars'd changing it.

Wouldn't recommend the petrol thing on any common rail system; You can get away with it for small quantities and accidents, but it's an unnecessary risk and not something you would want to do voluntarily esp. as if the tank doesn't get used up in time it will separate from the diesel over time :unsure:

The safest things in descending risk are 2 stroke (HAS to be low ash!!!), proper treatments like Forte or BG-wossnames, fancy fuels like V-Power, or a good old weekend thrash up some hilly A-roads :) (Fully loaded airport runs also seem to have a similar effect :lol:)

These do more for cleaning the injectors tho', not so sure about the turbo!

Tried and tested the 2 stroke already have a post up on that.diesel has cetane and wouldn't dream of putting petrol in it.its not a oul tractor.as I'm only trying and testing things out and putting up my findings hopefully to help others.and as I say it's working on mine though I hadn't any turbo trouble but it has more power now.

Yes exvec I agree the diesels are for long journeys.but for a quiet life I just let her be with it.so I then decided to give the egr a clean and found black sticky crud so no amount of hard driving would of helped.i manually cleaned it out.but the turbo was a different task.so for 22 quid I popped that gear in and it works for me.

• Like 1

It's very hard to keep the EGR clean as it takes gas from the exhaust, so it's always going to have some sort of crap in it sadly. (Seriously, we have air filters to supply clean air to the engine, yet they think it is a good idea to feed contaminated exhaust into the engine with no filtering at all; Where is the logic in this?!)

Luckily, the valve and throttle body it goes to are usually quite accessible and simple to remove on the D4D's, and with the magic of carb cleaner they are quite easy to clean :)

Yeah the egr soot is easily cleaned it's the !Removed! oil vapours from the crankcase that gunks it up.but yeah should be filtered.ive fitted a homemade oil catch can at the moment until I make a better 1 or modify the crap 1 I bought from eBay.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links