Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice Needed On Toyota Privia D4d

Shazy4eva

Hi im hitting a brick wall about whats the best thing to do on my previa 2006 d4d basicaly the crankshaft knackered and finding a decent second hand engine is a nightmare any advice on whats the best thing to do would be highly appritiated

If your broken conrod has mashed the crankshaft beyond repair then you have few options:

You could fit a new crankshaft if the engine block isn't too mashed to accept it, but by the time you buy the crank and associated bearings, conrod and perhaps pistons etc, and add the gaskets etc it would probably be pretty expensive.

You could buy a new short motor (probably only from Toyota). This is the "bottom half" of the engine where the crankshaft, conrods and pistons live. You'd need to fit all the other stuff from your old engine to the new short motor, which is fairly labour-heavy. You'd still need the expensive gaskets etc, and short motors don't tend to be cheap either.

You could continue your quest for a replacement second hand engine.

I'd try a call to Toyota for a price on a short motor first, if only to rule it out. Then I'd try some breakers, try eBay but search for previa breaking etc rather than previa engine. If I was still getting nothing I'd try to figure out what else had your engine and what was different about it, and try sourcing one of them.

Edit for typo

• Like 1

does a engine from a different model ie avensis rav4 corolla not fit?

Hi thanks for replying the crankshaft will need grinding but the chap said that he needs a oversized bearing to compensate but he said that he can't get hold of the size which is 0.75

I have been offered a corolla , avensis, and rav 4 engine's with the same engine code 1cd-ftv but i have been told that if you do fit these engines in the previa won't be the same again get alot of vibration and other problems

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links