Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis D4d Immobiliser Reset Instructions ?

davidarb

The Battery light & oil light came on friday evening, i guessed alterator was giving up, checked oil, water and drove short journey home, more warning lights abs etc came on, as Battery lost power, i suspect the alternator has given up. I took the Battery off to charge so I can drive the car into town on monday and get it looked at, but now it wont start, so i reckon its the immobiliser.. anyone know how to reset it on these please? (2005 avensis 2.2 d4d), thanks very much

Battery probably dead?have you put Battery on again and hooked up jump leads to another car?If the alternator is dead I doubt that the car will start either ?

I have had the Battery on charge for 48 hours trickle charge, it is fully charged, engine turns over nice and fast as usual, but it wont start, hence i think its the immobiliser that is stopping it from starting. I would like to know if anyone knows how to reset the immobiliser , as the Battery was off the car whilst charging, and the doors were opened and closed with the key, the car was running fine when i stopped, all that has happened is Battery was taken off, fully charged and put back on again.

Have you plugged in a diagnostic tool?

Also have you a spare key? Try that if you have a spare key to see if that works

NO I havent plugged in a diagnostic tool, I was planning on doing that on monday when they are open again, but before i do that i need to reset the immobiliser so i can drive it.. the alternator charges the Battery, a car will run for a while with the alternator not working as long as the Battery is charged, which it is now, but it will use the Battery to power the fuel pump, electrics etc., rather that the alternator , it will keep going until the battery hasnt got enough power for the fuel pump etc. When the red light with a battery on it lights up on the instrument panel it means that the alternator isnt charging.., I just need to know how to reset the immobiliser, I think it is in the handbook but I dont have one..

To be honest I've never seen the immobiliser reset in the book..have you checked all fuses too?I'll grab my handbook and have a look thru it pal and put up anything I find in it.

thanks, it the same sort of thing as to reset the service ;lights, you have to do stuff in order, like, leave key in ignition at start postion for 30 secs, then push mileage trip meter for 10 secs etc., something like that, thats what they do when they service the car, to get oil change light etc out, its the same sort of thing for immobiliser reset, id appreciate it if you could look, ive checked online but none for this model, only earlier versions.

Is it the reprogramming of the key?

Try this site www.carkeyhelp.co.uk and look for Toyota on the site see if that helps.theres nothing in the owners manual .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links