Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D4d Diesel Engine Known Problems

maverick121

hi i am thinking about a diesel rav4 and after reading the sticky on the diesel engine problems , will probably go for a post dec 2008, is there any definitve way to be sure wether the engine will be the later version than the one that suffered the problems (engines affected up to build date dec 2008)

thanks

For clarity,the 2.0 litre D4D engine wasn't affected by the oil consumption problem. Only the 2.2 litre 2AD diesel had the problem. As far as I know, RAVs registered from 2010 (2009 build) were OK and didn't suffer the problem.

I'm not certain which chassis number was the start of the modified engines but no doubt someone with better knowledge will be along shortly.

Just to let you know my 59 reg Diesel Rav 4 has developed the same problem described in the sticky- I've just posted on this forum asking if anyone else with a car from 2009 onwards has had any similar issues.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links