Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Windscreen Washer Stopped Working

EJWC

We have a 2004 Yaris 1.3 VVTI. The front windscreen washer has stopped working - no noise. The rear one is still working.

Could it be a fuse, pump or electrical problem? Do the front and rear have separate fuses and/or pumps?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Any fluid in the reservoir? The rear will continue working for a while with an empty reservoir because of the length of the plumbing.

The fuse is common not only front and rear but also for the wipers,that leaves motor,wiring or switch. The first is most likely but the last one easiest to check. Remove the lower steering column shroud and connect the earth lead of a meter set to DC volts to earth ( the bolt for the door check ) and with the other lead back probe the yellow wire in the block connector,with the ignition on this should become live when the switch is operated if not the switch is faulty (we know its getting power because the rear works).If that's OK you need to get down and dirty under the car,disconnect the lead to the washer motor and connect the meter to to the two contacts on the lead you should get power when the switch is operated if not ( and the switch is OK) you have a wiring fault (and my sympathy) if you do it's the motor ,double check with a continuity test of the motor,no continuity equals duff motor.

• 4 years later...

I have Yaris 2004 T3 windshield washer is not working front and both, no sound with full bottle fluid, I have remove the bottle which looks ok electric Terminals are cleaned, I need to find out the location of the FUSE windshield washer. query_uk@yahoo.com

Thanks

If the wipers work then the fuse is okay.since you have removed the washer bottle check the resistance of the motor windings and compare it to the rear wash motor they should be similar in resistance if open circuit then replace the motor.