Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Member - Supra Mk3

MikeTeesside

Hey guys and gals, new guy here. New to Toyota in fact. Started with a Mk3 Supra Turbo with an auto box, am I jumping in at the deep end?

Already joined the supporters club, totally lured in by all those juicy discounts at stores that I use quite a lot already.

First Impressions

Got it for a good price based on its condition. Little to no rust, custom paint job that I quite like, and the engine was rebuilt professionally less than 6000 miles ago. Came from Northern Ireland all the way to me in the North East. There are a few issues like the front screen being cracked (already sourced another and having it fitted this week), horrible LED strip DRL's fitted to the front, the callipers being green, the alloys needing refurbishment, the usual stuff you'd expect from a 25 year old vehicle.

Once it's taxed, insured and back on the road I intend on enjoying it! ^_^

The owner had private plates which he's putting on retainer, so I'm just waiting for the DVLA slow boat to give me an age appropriate plate before I can do anything else.

Hello Michael - welcome to Toyota Owners Club

I had one of those a while ago. It was a D reg (1987) in a midnight blue metallic colour and I owned it for a bit under a year around 1991. Mine was the 3.0i non-turbo model with the auto box. It was a nice cruiser but by no means was it a sports car, it was too soft and spongy. It gave mid 20's mpg most of the time IIRC. During my ownership it developed a coolant leak which turned out to be a very short hose kinked and worn through, down behind the thermostat (or was it by the water pump, sorry, can't remember now). It also had a strange thing going on with either the engine or the box, which I never figured out. Say you asked it for power, it pulled ok but not brilliantly. If you kept your foot down it got to a point where something changed and it instantly gave the power it should have. It then ran powerfully all day until you left it overnight when the same happened.

Anyway welcome to the forum and happy motoring :)

Oh, the electric ariel mast got bent too but you could buy just the mast, no need for a new ariel. And the three-clicks for adjusting the headrests was annoying cos you accidently adjusted them every time you put your arm round to aid vision while reversing. And the doors are huge, no good for getting in/out in a car park.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links