Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Hatch Door.

mrpj

2014 Icon +, pre facelift.
The rear hatch has always, from new, been difficult to close fully. i.e. it's always needed a hard slam to engage the lock mechanism properly. I meant to say something to the supplying dealer when it was in for service last March, but forgot!
However, on all the cars I've ever owned there has always been some adjustment with either the striker or lock itself, or both. This doesn't appear to be the case with the Yaris.
I slackened off the 2 x 10mm bolts holding the lock, no movement. I then removed the boot trim to access the striker, marked it's position using a pencil, slackened off the 2 x T40 screws and again, no movement. :disgust:
Does anyone know if there is an adjustment for this or not as I seem to have found?

Interesting you should say this, as we've the same issue on our 2014 Trend with the tailgate, and is something I'm going to be mentioning to the dealer when serviced in a few weeks time for them to take a look at.

I'm not alone then Jonathan.

I'd appreciate you post the outcome when you have the service carried out. I could take the car in for them to have a look but it seems a lot of hassle for such a relatively minor thing, plus its a 24 mile round trip and they are my nearest.

Had this problem on my 2012 Yaris, had to make sure each time it was locked with a hard slam and is the same with my 2015 model, will bring this to the attention of my dealer together with other small niggles in a few weeks time.

Thanks for that information Michael. It is strange that there doesn't seem to be any adjustment. The two rubber "buffers" located on the door edges don't adjust either, I expect they are more of an anti-rattle measure. However, on a previous hatchback car they were screwed out too much which caused a poor closing door. They don't touch the body on mine as they are.