Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Avensis Window Tints

Roadrunner13

Hi,i am thinking of heading across the lake to buy a toyota avensis,around 2009 or 2010 model,i drive a taxi for a living in Dublin Ireland,so i would be looking for something with less than 100,000 miles on the clock,at the moment i drive a toyota avensis and it has close to 450,000 km o the clock and it has served me very well and hopefully after i retire her from taxi work she will keep going as a runaround car,i noticed looking at auto trader uk that most of the avensis,s come fully loaded,everything from cruise control to sat nav,s,in Ireland if you want these extras in your toyota you pay for them,,,,now my question is,,,as a taxi driver in Dublin,the laws for taxi are very strict,one of the rules with the carriage office is that taxi,s can not have heavy tints on their car windows,they do allow some tint but very little,your windows must allow 70% light through your windows and 30% tint,what i want to know is ...do cars come from the toyota factory with factory tints on their windows,or is this a option you have before you order,i have seen some tourers on autotrader with blackened out windows but these are done manual,so if they go on they must come off,do the uk have a law that states that most cars can only have a certain amount of tint on drivers and passengers windows,i heard something about them making allowences on tail gate windows and sunroofs,.....looking forward to your replies..

Tom

https://www.gov.uk/tinted-vehicle-window-rules

It depends upon the trim level as to whether cars come ex factory with the darker privacy glass rear tints incl. Tourers. T2/Active are the base levels & generally don't but of course don't have the other toys.

try https://d1hu588lul0tna.cloudfront.net/toyotaone/gben/Avensis-June-2009_tcm-3060-363527.pdf for a 2009 brochure

Thanks,had a good look at the brochure,nothing in it to states what type of tint is in them if any,will keep at it till i find out what i am looking for as bono from U2 sang,but thanks for your reply.

yes, there is. green tempered glass (which will conform to the above regs) is listed for all & privacy glass (Tourer) is there for T4 & TSpirit. Details will vary year by year though so a 2010My could be different.