Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water Pump

ABToyota

Started to hear a noise when driving and had the car checked out - thought it was exhaust but told it was the water pump.

I was told I need a new water pump and that I will also need to add new coolant (mechanic said will need to flush the system and add new coolant)- so will be getting the coolant from Toyota - how much coolant will I need? Currently it has the Pink coolant in.

Also is this a common problem? Said it would take a few hours so looking online the parts is about £50 so total plus fitting I suspect will be £200+ ?

AB

• Like 1

Which model do you have. My water pump is screwed too, but currently the leak isn't bad enough to change it.

• Like 1

Depends what engine you have. I cannot see what models you guys have. But if your pump is ran by the timing belt i suggest you get it changed, if it breaks it could wreck your engine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just realised this in the auris section i think all auris's are chain driven so the pumps must be aux belt driven. The pink stuff lasts 100,000 miles so if its less i would just replace pump and fill up of what is lost. This will be quicker to do so should save on labour.

• Like 1

Yeah it's chain driven (or at least the 1ad-ftv is). I was going to replace it myself but have no clue how to get to the damned thing :(

• Like 2

1ZRFE Engine - 1.6 Petrol 2009, VVTI

Water Pump costs about £40-£50 not sure how many hours it will take to replace.

• Like 1

So had the water pump replaced for £120 inc parts and fitting so not too bad plus 1l of Pink Anti Freeze.

So overall not too bad.

• Like 1

Local garage - friend of a friend - so not sure what the market rate is but now there is no sound.

Where? I was quoted 450

That sounds like someone is quoting based on thinking a timing belt needs to come off to change it??

That was (admittedly) from Toyota

Oh, well they should know, or you would hope anyway!

Had mine replaced at 90K km after it's been whinning for a couple of thousands km (maybe about 82-83K). Got it replaced at an official Opel dealer here in Bulgaria, where I get 20% discount for 80 €, including labor and parts.

• 7 months later...

I had a belt squeal. Main dealer said it was caused by the water pump leaking on to the belt. Quoted me £455 to supply and fit new one . My mobile Mechanic came and checked and couldn't find that it was leaking . He quoted me £120 to £140 to supply and fit a new one. 

Hello Gordon - welcome to Toyota Owners Club .

Are you sure your Auris is pre-1960?

2 years ago I bought a water pump off eBay £8 and paid a garage £20 to fit, still going strong! Plus I saw how easy it is to change so I would tackle this if it happens to ever go again. 

• 5 years later...

I have a Toyota aruis 2015 have a problem with electric water pump.could you please tel me how can i get this pump with good price and fix it.

i would appreciate for any advice.

Hi, I have a Toyota aruis 2015 have a problem with electric water pump.could you please tel me how can i get this pump with good price and fix it.

8 minutes ago, Ryad said:

Hi, I have a Toyota aruis 2015 have a problem with electric water pump.could you please tel me how can i get this pump with good price and fix it.

Hi, if you have problems with your water pump just buy a new one from Toyota or any other parts retailer and 5ltrs of original Toyota pink ready mixed coolant. These pumps can be found on eBay and Amazon too, at good prices or Eurocarparts too. If you are changing yourself you can watch videos on YouTube to familiarise yourself with the process , or if not sure just let a garage deal with. Best Buy perhaps from here: https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/basket

• 1 year later...

Dear AB 

Quick question please 

My 2013 auris hybrid started make noise sometimes and feels like from exhaust and same time no heater coming from blower either but sometimes too ..

Just wondering when you replaced the waterpump did the problem fixed 

Thanks 

On 7/30/2015 at 1:11 AM, ABToyota said:

Started to hear a noise when driving and had the car checked out - thought it was exhaust but told it was the water pump.

I was told I need a new water pump and that I will also need to add new coolant (mechanic said will need to flush the system and add new coolant)- so will be getting the coolant from Toyota - how much coolant will I need? Currently it has the Pink coolant in.

Also is this a common problem? Said it would take a few hours so looking online the parts is about £50 so total plus fitting I suspect will be £200+ ?

AB

Dear AB

Im facing exactly same issue .. funny juddering noise sometimes for couple of weeks now and it feels like coming from exhaust but been told not exhaust also last couple of days heater playing up as no heat coming out or very low heat but when I stop / start then it heats up fine but not for long.. I'm just guessing could be waterpump ?

Thanks 

9 hours ago, ali81 said:

Dear AB 

Quick question please 

My 2013 auris hybrid started make noise sometimes and feels like from exhaust and same time no heater coming from blower either but sometimes too ..

Just wondering when you replaced the waterpump did the problem fixed 

Thanks 

Hi, Toyota hybrids has an electric water pumps. If they fail they will trigger a fault code and warning messages on your dashboard. The problems you have may not be related to water pump at all. You need to record the noise that you are  worrying about and share. You maybe have egr problem as this is common for cars of that age, perhaps you may look into that matter instead. If unsure about heating, water pump or any other issues it might be better to visit a garage or run a diagnostic by yourself. 
Good luck 

On 4/6/2021 at 1:38 PM, Ryad said:

You change it right away if it is waterpump. There must be check engine light and waterpump code in hybrid. If you keep driving it, the head gasket will fail and cost £2000 or more to replace it. Waterpump is typically about £300 with OEM Aisin water pum. It is about 1 hour labor cost. 

• 7 months later...

I just got my genuine Toyota waterpump from OEM supplier Aisin Seiki. The Toyota name is scratched and it cost less than £150 after tax and custom.  I bought it from Amayama, Japan (similar to Autodoc, Rockauto, or A1Autopart).  because local and online stores in EU sold it 2x more. €300+.  Toyota dealership provably sell it over £400. 

20230727_152249.jpg

20230727_152005.jpg

20230727_152133.jpg

• Like 1