Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Unrefined/noisy Cabin

T5R92011

Hello,

My Girlfriend recently bought a 2005 Yaris 1.3 manual......

It needs a few things doing to it, gearbox oil, new discs etc. However one thing I've noticed is the cabin seems to be VERY noisey/rumbly/unrefined.

From the outside, the car is very quiet.

Is it NORMAL for so much cabin noise for a MK1 Yaris? Bear in mind I'm used to driving larger saloon cars so I would expect a Yaris not be as refined... but the thing just sounds like a bag of spanners even compared to other small cars.

Any tips/advice as to common causes of cabin noise?

I remember when I got my MK1 it took a while to get used to how noisy it was compared to other cars,not from road or mechanical noise which was average but from the obviously very thin bodywork, every little stone thrown up by the tyres was like someone banging an oildrum and sitting stationary in the rain was like being in a tin shed.I did get used to it and after a while it didn't bother me much.

I remember when I got my MK1 it took a while to get used to how noisy it was compared to other cars,not from road or mechanical noise which was average but from the obviously very thin bodywork, every little stone thrown up by the tyres was like someone banging an oildrum and sitting stationary in the rain was like being in a tin shed.I did get used to it and after a while it didn't bother me much.

Ha glad to hear this is expected.

I've done the following to the Girlfriend's yaris and it's noticeably quieter inside now:

- Reseated airbox

- Fixed leaking backbox joint

- Tightend Cat to downpipe bolts

- Gearbox oil change

- New Rear Shoes + adjustment.

Noise levels are now acceptable....!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links