Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T25 - Few Questions Before Buying

MagicQueen

Hi. Its my first post.

Im lookong to get t25 after facelift in 1.8. T3x t4 or tr. Cant find some informations maybe someone can help me:

1. Spare wheel - is it full size or not? does it depends on which trim u buying?

2. How many keys i should get? 2 or 3?

3. alloys - what type of alloys r in which version? In ads they vary even on the same spec.

4. What r the differences between t4 and tr?

5. The engine is well covered....if im buying and want to check few thing is it necessary to take the covers off?

6. Where is the brake fluid ?

7. Which type of matt in the boot i should expect? I v seen two types...or maybe sb just changedthe original...donno. oh and is shopping net standard?

8. Parking sensors....were they as standard in some spec or only as an extra?

Thanks in advance

1. Spare wheel - is it full size or not? does it depends on which trim u buying?

5. The engine is well covered....if im buying and want to check few thing is it necessary to take the covers off?

7. Which type of matt in the boot i should expect? I v seen two types...or maybe sb just changedthe original...donno. oh and is shopping net standard?

I had two T25's - a T2 and a T3s (both pre-facelift tho)

1. Both had a full size spare.

2. Both had three keys, two remotes and one standard key.

5. If you want a look at general components then no need to remove covers.

6. Brake fluid reservoir clearly visible.

7. Mine were hatchbacks, neither had any type of mat (just the carpet) nor any net.

8. My T3s had Toyota genuine parking sensors but I don't think it was standard.

• Like 2

Nice, thanks. It helps a lot as I've seen two cars already and one of them had

1. full size spare wheel, second not

7. matt plus carpet, second no matt

Anyone else can answer the other questions pls?

Question 3: The 2007 PDF states that the petrol only comes with 16" alloys whilst the diesels have 17"!

This is the best I could find for your question 4:

https://d1hu588lul0tna.cloudfront.net/toyotaone/gben/Avensis-December-2004_tcm-3060-363508.pdf

https://d1hu588lul0tna.cloudfront.net/toyotaone/gben/Avensis-June-2007_tcm-3060-363526.pdf

Hopefully you will get more info.

• Like 1

Depends on car I have a 03 it has a full size, the 04 and 06 have 17" space savers

2 remote keys 1 grey valet key
3. alloys - what type of alloys r in which version? In ads they vary even on the same spec.

I will show with pictures from what I have seen
4. What r the differences between t4 and tr?

Konrads link should help

Yes I normally take them off, if they have clips, a flat end screwdriver will help

Open bonnet, look towards where driver sits, there is a white reservoir, I will off attached a picture

original is carpet, the plastic boot liner and net would of been a option

optional

t3-x alloys 16"

P9160001.jpg

t4 2 options

p2.toyota-avensis-diesel-hatchback.jpg

or

00321881_0082_800_05562705_321881_1.jpg

tr

$_86.JPG

brake fluid

watermarked_BF_-__035.jpg

• Like 2

Wow. U guys r awesome! Thanks so much

is there any things (even small ones) i should b aware of when checking tr 1.8 07 plate?

• Like 1

The exhaust shield which protects the fuel tank beneath the rear offside door rots through. These aren't cheap to replace. If your buying from a dealer they may replace it for you.

Check the rear washer. Have been known to clog up.

Check the air con (obviously).

The original head unit has had problems with the buttons giving access to the CD slot. Check them and play a CD. They are expensive to repair.

They are a superb motor car and only have a few minor problems.

• Like 2

Ok so i found this one

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201507205364092?sort=atcustom&maximum-age=up_to_8_years_old&fuel-type=petrol&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&search-target=usedcars&postcode=lu31eu&price-from=2500&channel=cars&price-to=3000&radius=30&model=avensis&page=1&make=toyota&logcode=p

Before i decided to buy a new car i wanted to have cruise control. And somehow i kept thinking TR got it. Probably because two others i v checked hadit but they were d4d :-/

So i drove there for 30miles to check it. Everything looks v good. Quite high mileage but im not scared of it as its been serviced&moted in toyota garage. I sat down for a drive and kept looking for CC and then realised petrol dont come with it :-(

Got few questions :

1 i know there is a tread about cc but its quite a long to read. Is it possible to fit cc in this engine?1ZZFE? 57 plate TR

If yes how much can it cost

And if i will have to pay sb to do it do u know costs?

2. I came back home and wanted to check all MOTs and service/maintenance as it was in the same garage....on my mobile i checked mots but i can only c them from 2011...donno what is wrong???

3. I called this toyota garage to find out if i can get any info about this car but they said its only available for the owner. Anyone in here works for toyota and could help with that? Or maybe there is any other way to find out what has been done to the car (maybe add that car to my account on toyota.co.uk???). Especially in this year as on mot it says it passed but Advisory Notice issued

Front brake discs worn/lipped

For me they looked alright but im not the expert.

Hope to get quick answers from u guys.

New cars do not need a mot until after 3 years. Are you using the direct gov website?

I would ring the toyota department who has serviced it. Ask for the service department.

If you find anything wrong or something needs doing changing use it to negotiate the price.

Mind you the mileage is a bit high for a petrol. How many miles do you do a year and how long are you looking to keep.

• Like 2

Lmao i completly forgot about that.yes i did check on gov.uk

I did call this garage and spoke to service and they told me they cant give me any details as im not the owner. I was really shocked and didnt know what to say on the phone.

I still got corolla in petrol 03 plate with the same milage and its all good. I do 5000-6000 miles a year and dont plan to keep itfor longer than 2-3 years. Should b fine, dont u think?

Oh yeah the car is pretty much excellent but i dtill manage to cut the price.

Ok so i found this one

Quite high mileage

i checked mots but i can only c them from 2011

on mot it says it passed but Advisory Notice issued

Front brake discs worn/lipped

Mileage does seem quite high but the car looks well looked after. Bear in mind it'll be virtually worthless when you sell it on with maybe 150k on it.

The advert says it's a 2008 57 plate, it wouldn't need it's first MOT til it was 3 years old (ie 2011), so you've probably found them all.

Ask if it got new front discs and pads. If it's a reputable dealer it probably got them, but if not then ask for them before you buy.

• Like 1

hm...150k? really? omg

in that case I will hang on and will keep looking. thanks

anyway it was my fourth car I v checked. was the best though.

btw anyone can help me with maintenance&service histroy check?

hm...150k? really? omg

in that case I will hang on and will keep looking. thanks

How many mass-market D segment cars are worth anything after 10 years & 150k miles? The average life span for a car in the UK is ~7 years (& the manufacturers are trying their best to get us to change quicker than that). Depreciation is usually the highest cost of running a car (apart from classics/exotics that may actually appreciate) so at that age as long as they are reliable & not throwing up unexpected repair costs you run them into the ground.

Bear in mind that 1st year depreciation against list price on a new Insignia/Mondeo is something like 40% (so in theory £8-12,000 if you were daft enough to pay list).

• Like 1

I looked at the photos and the car is in good condition.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201507205364092?sort=atcustom&maximum-age=up_to_8_years_old&fuel-type=petrol&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&search-target=usedcars&postcode=lu31eu&price-from=2500&channel=cars&price-to=3000&radius=30&model=avensis&page=1&make=toyota&logcode=p

The high mileage (113750) is the only blot. My '98 mk1 is on 147500 miles, but the car you are looking at may have not suffered much. Watch the clutch and gearbox, they are the most likely parts to show. Make sure the tyres are good too. Note the rusty locking wheel nuts! Overall it looks very good.

Don't worry about the disk and pads as they are consumables, in my opinion.

Did a little digging and the seller is in Loughton, Essex.

• Like 1

yeah i know, i was there yesterday, its a small trade seller but very nice.

private owner is from sussex, apparently car been driven mostly on motorways not in london (city i mean) no scratches on a bumpers etc, its in very good condition. I believe driving on motorways is better for a car than cities. For me engine and clutch was very good but one thing worries me as guy knew i'm coming in few hrs but when I arrived car was driven before - not cold I mean. so maybe on cold engine it's not that good :)

The average life span for a car in the UK is ~7 years

That's twisting the figures a bit IMHO. The average age (not lifespan) may be around 7 years but that means there could be as many 14 year old cars as there are brand new ones, or lots of ones around 7 years old etc. To quote Confused.com... "The SMMT's latest figures show that of the 31 million vehicles on our roads, one in three have been on the road for at least the past decade."

Certainly around here there are plenty cars around older than, say, 08 plates :)

• Like 2

yeah i know, i was there yesterday, its a small trade seller but very nice.

private owner is from sussex, apparently car been driven mostly on motorways not in london (city i mean) no scratches on a bumpers etc, its in very good condition. I believe driving on motorways is better for a car than cities. For me engine and clutch was very good but one thing worries me as guy knew i'm coming in few hrs but when I arrived car was driven before - not cold I mean. so maybe on cold engine it's not that good :)

there are plenty of used avensis out there, take your time and choose wisely. Konrad has a very good point at 113,000 expect to change the clutch soon if not already been done. I have went to look at it but looks like its gone. did you buy it?

• Like 1

No i didnt. But looks like it's gone. For me doesnt seem to b that many petrol , facelift avensis out there.

Hi, guys. Tomorrow i planned to go to c two cars. After I spoken to one of the traders I decided I will go to c only one (the second one) but wanna know what do u think.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201506204485190/usedcars?logcode=visc

thats the first one

like: parking sensors, seems nothing major outside

dislike: not sure if carpets are original, colour, alloys, dirty seats, no cruise control

according to seller: no accidents, great condition, dirty seats can be cleaned easily, mot is till 09/2015 - he said he will extend that for 12 months, part service history, on pictures it looks like sb didnt care about that at all, last service at 82 000 miles 2014, he said he will get it done as well

Price is a bit high, autotrader recomend 2410 pounds for it, IF i will go wanted to try to get it for 2500 ;)

second - my fav

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201507295605693/usedcars?logcode=visc

like: colour (v much), alloys, free driveaway 7 days insurance

dislike: on pics it seems like there is few scratches marks especially on the rear bumper, traders says there is nothing :/ no cruise control

not sure: all season tyres - donno if it is a good or bad thing

according to the seller: Full service history, Mot till june 2016, no accidents,

No idea why in advert it says ELECTRIC WINDOWS (FRONT) and doesnt mention REAR, but i think it's just a mistake as all avensis came with that

Price is high, autotrader suggest 2650 pounds, looking to get it for that price. Ambitious ;)

Hope to c some posts from you, maybe i didnt spotted something. tom at noon I'm planning to drive there.

PS. Just wanna repeat my question from prev post

1 i know there is a tread about cc but its quite a long to read. Is it possible to fit cc in this engine?1ZZFE? facelift version
If yes how much can it cost
And if i will have to pay sb to do it do u know costs?

Did some serious research, seems like Avensis with 1ZZ FE made before FEB 2004 have a accelerator cable and cars made after Feb 2004 have drive by wire. The first one, i don`t see any cable , so it is drive by wire, it`s a good thing. Now bad news, according to my workshop manual and autodata, the ECU of 1ZZ FE does not support cruise control. To have CC in that car is to add electronic cruise module between accelerator pedal and throttle body. Something like this http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/products/view/cc177215103/wizard:cruise-control

Or like this Untitled.png

Installing cruise control is expensive and painstaking. But it`s worth it!

• Like 1

The silver one looks ok to me, although a bit bland and the alloys aren't the most attractive. Silver cars don't show dirt much tho, if you're not into washing it every Sunday. Carpets look standard to me. Reverse sensors are handy but can be bought on eBay for about £14, it wouldn't be a deal maker/breaker for me.

The second one is much nicer looking and nicer alloys. I'd need to look again but isn't it also about 1.5 years newer for around the same money too? It'll probably look much newer than the other one will in a year or two, cos of the nicer colour.

• Like 1

first link, carpets seem normal. it just does not have any mats in where the second one does,

second car looks like the front headlights are misty.

have you tried looking on eBay too alot of dealers have started listing classified ads as its cheaper to list.

not sure if a trader is going to knock 500 pounds off asking price but its worth a try.

just a little tip it seems petrol cars loose a bit of value when they go over the 100,000 mark.

I have recently bought a auris with a friend for £3000, black 58 plate TR full service history 69,000 nearly 12 months mot, mind you we had to do a 250 round mile trip but was worth it as we were only getting 2007's touching £4000 round our way.

as I have said before take your time unless your desperate.

• Like 1

Thanks. I didnt mean dirty outside but the seats inside are dirty

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links