Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting

DRC58

Hope someone can help.

Corolla 1.4 vvti wont start.

Was going ok turned her off for couple minutes then went to go and nothing.

Turn key and dash lights come on ok, turn further to start and lights go out and then start flashing and clicking noise .

Any ideas please.

cheers

How good / old is the Battery ? Have you tried charging it or using a different one ?

Is the clicking noise a light / high pitched sound like a small relay, or more a deep down clunck click like the starter solenoid.

Any work done on or near the engine / starter system lately ?

I have had car since 2007 so its at least 8 years old,

Just had the gearbox re built, new clutch etc and a service and Battery checked out ok then.

Bought an incar camera and connected that up for 5 mins its after that that my girl didnt want to know. I think the camera may be faulty and with an old Battery !!! 2 + 2 maybe.

Daughter coming over to see if we can jump it, if that works then I will go kwikfit / Halfords tomorrow for Battery check.

Will let you know what happens.

Cheers

Oldcodger

Assume you mean the Battery is at least 8 years old then - at that age they can just let go at any time.

A recharge may work, but think time is against you.

The Bosch S3 from places like ECP are strong, me and others have fitted them with no problems to date.(3 year warranty)

If you mean one of those cameras to record from the front window, the are very light on power and some, like mine, even have their own internal Battery.

Yep the Battery is over 8 years old.

jump started her and went to Halfords for a Battery check, 25% so think a change is required.

The camera does have its own internal Battery and I just wanted to try it out for 5 minutes then nothing from my girl.

Been out for a 20+ mile motorway drive just to see how she goes, will try start he in morning if all goes well will pop to kwikfit for another battery check.

Bosch S3 you say, will look into that.

Cheers for all the info and advice.

Update on Starting Problem.

Yep it was the Battery.

Went out this morning and it just enough juice to turn over, very slowly, but she fired up.

Went to Halfords and purchased a new Battery.

Had a couple of other problems with radio not working nor internal lights or remote locking.

Checked fuses and all looked ok so decided to check them one by one with continuity checker, yep found one that looked ok but was not, replaced and all seems fine now, fingers crossed.

Thanks to Oldcodger for his time and input, much appreciated.

Glad you got it sorted. :D

Never used to bother about batteries failing until I was parked up for some lunch for 30mins as I was drivng over the hills, tried to start , gone, just let go like that.

Had to use the breakdown recovery for a jump start - embarrassing.

Ever since I have carried on of those Jump Starters in the boot, worth every penny ! been good for me and getting others going.