Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris 2007 Questions.

VrexeiPoutses

Hello all,

Don't know if opening a new topic is correct but i did not see any answers on my questions so i will post them here hoping i get some answers.

I own a 2007 Auris 16 vvti, imported from UK (i live in Cyprus and i bought it 3 days ago second hand) and as a new owner i want to make some additions in it.

1. I want to install an Engine remote starter but i was told that because of the immobiliser i cannot do so. Is that a fact or there is a way to add it? I was also told that cars from UK have preinstalled alarm systems but did not found any in mine.

2. I have the same problem with MMT transmission as others, it kicks like a donkey. It is a nightmare when i start and stop anywhere.., only in a highway i get some peace. My wife is gonna give birth in the car if i don't do something fast. Any ways to make gears change unnoticed without kicking or will it stay as a dream that never coming true?

3. Any recomendations on a 2din dvd, gps etc radio for my Auris no more than 150 pounds?

4. Any advises in what should i take care off or anything to know about the car (either good or bad :p) please feel free to tell me so i can take care of it.

Thank you in advance and sorry if skme questions are stupid.

Hello Christos - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Since the mid-90's the UK has had very high standards of car security built into cars for the UK market due mainly to testing by an insurance industry funded research centre. The UK market Auris didn't have an alarm fitted as standard, presumably due to the standard immobiliser, deadlocks, etc providing sufficient security to get through the New Vehicle Security Assessment. Most cars in the UK don't now have an alarm fitted.

• Like 1

Hello Christos - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Since the mid-90's the UK has had very high standards of car security built into cars for the UK market due mainly to testing by an insurance industry funded research centre. The UK market Auris didn't have an alarm fitted as standard, presumably due to the standard immobiliser, deadlocks, etc providing sufficient security to get through the New Vehicle Security Assessment. Most cars in the UK don't now have an alarm fitted.

Thank you for your reply Mike. Its good to know for future purchases and o whzt should i do in my current car.

Thanks again