Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Got An Aygo (59) Need To Fit Aircon Power Windows Door Locks Etc.

JA5ON

Hi all I just bought an aygo on a whim for a cheap work transport for my wife and apart from it being fun, the little bits I thought I could get away with I can't so here is my list of to do's.

Remote central locking ( the boot is annoying having to put the key in every time)

Electric windows

Rev clock

Air con (never thought the car would be so warm)

And maybe

Stainless exhaust

Lowering springs

alloys

Is there a workshop manual or guide go any of the above I did a quick search but most of the parts are aftermarket.

Don't say buy a car with it I didn't and to be honest I got a good deal on the car.

I have bought another full car with the bits I wish to transfer over (hence the maybe on exhaust and springs) but rather than just start stripping down and swapping over I would like to have a quick read up on it first.

Obviously all the parts to be fitted are genuine and in good working order. By having a donor car (albeit been accident damaged) I have all the parts necassary to Finnish my project including looms etc.

If any one has done any of the above or has a link to help I would appreciate it.

It also has tinted windows on the donor car which look nice but I presume the rear quarter windows are bonded in (3 door) in which case I will probably leave that unless they are an easy swap.

Sorry for the duplicate post but put it in reviews by mistake the first time

Hello Jason - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Duplicate post deleted

Haynes do a manual for the 2005-2011 Aygo, otherwise you can get some info from www.toyota-tech.eu (be aware that some info is free, some chargeable).

Hi Mike

Thank you.

I will look at the web link tomorrow I didnt realise they did a Haynes but I would not think it will be detailed enough as they are not what they used to be.

I am not an expert but reading other posts previously on this forum and other forums dealing with this car, I get the impression that except for the air condition, most of it is doable.

Aircon would be way too expensive, but the rest can be done.

Retro fitting would be a massive job and the car could have parts fitted at the factory that you could struggle to obtain.

It just depends how much money you are prepared to throw at it... :)

I don't intend to chuck any more money at it and don't understand why I would have to apart from the obvious air con regass.

As I said I have got a donor vehicle with all the parts I require in good order, the parts I don't need will then be sold to cover some of the cost.

I was not asking if it could be done I know it can and am happy to do it, I was just looking for any tips from people who may have done or attempted it.

I did try a quick search but it appears most people have gone down the aftermarket root which is fine but not much help in what I am going to do which is retrofit the originals.

Worst case is stripping donor dash and tracing wires.

I will have a look at the link Mike sent me when I can get to a pc as it says it is not compatable with a Mac.