Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Connecting To Phone?

fastbob72

Mm ok I'm probably gonna make a fanny off myself with my lack of audio knowledge but it's one side of modifying cars that I've never really bothered about. I installed a Kenwood head n 10 disc autochanger once and that's the pinnacle of my ICE skills, oh and adding a bassbox lol.

Anyway, my 02 Avensis has a standard single CD/Tuner unit, not the typical DIN type but the integrated into the dash type along with the trip computer etc.

Now it's perfect for my needs.It picks up Radio 5 perfectly n I can crank up. my AC/DC n Zep CDs full blast and the OE Speakers handle it pretty damn fine [emoji12] [emoji12]

Trouble is most my CDs are scratched to buggery, give me vinyl anyday haha and it'd be real handy if I could sync the unit to my phone,google play music etc as I've got 100s albums online.

I remember you could buy a contraption that plugged into you're CD walkman that had a kind of tape thing you plugged into the slot for cassettes to basically plug the CD walkman into your old standard tape deck.

Is there any kind of modern equivalent that could somehow connect my CD/Tuner to my phone via bluetooth or something a bit like an elm327 allows you to connect to the OBD2 diagnostic port via bluetooth???

Like I said,may seem like a question a simple minded fool would ask but hey ho...... ask me about engines my knowledge is pretty hot when it comes to motors lol

We have a "car mp3 player and fm transmitter" which sounds like it does something like you want. You power this "thing" (a bit bigger than a phone charger) from the cig lighter and connect it to your ipod with a short cable. It transmits the sound via radio waves, and you tune your radio to it's frequency like you would with any other radio station. It works ok except when you end up in hillbilly country and the radio starts to combine the signal with Radio Backwater. The only time it gave weird results for us was going through Glen Gloy on the way to Fort Augustus. We got it from Amazon for ten or twelve quid but now have ipod connectivity in our cars so we don't use it any more. I'll send you it if you want, pm your address.

• Like 1

Hi thanks that pretty much does sound like exactly the sort of thing I'd be needing but is there an android version as i don't have an ipod or iPhone it's all android,music stored on google play music all though it'd easily downloadable and my phone will take a 64GB memory card if it came down to it.

I deliver stuff all over the Highlands from Thurso to Dalwhinnie,Nairn to Gairloch n Ullapool so I know all about crap radio reception particularly down the Great Glen,am sure it's Nessie on the CB radio that causes it lol

It's not specifically for ipods, it plugs into the earphone socket of any mp3 player. It seems Amazon still sell them, for a fiver now. Also has usb and card reader ports. And I forgot it also has a remote control. Says it works on 24v too. If you're regularly in bad radio reception country maybe the newer/dearer ones can broadcast of different radio frequencies? Might be handy.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/August-CR100-Transmitter-Smartphones-Blackberry/dp/B001MQ0ROU/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1438674479&sr=8-11&keywords=Car+mp3+player+and+fm+transmitter

It's not specifically for ipods, it plugs into the earphone socket of any mp3 player. It seems Amazon still sell them, for a fiver now. Also has usb and card reader ports. And I forgot it also has a remote control. Says it works on 24v too. If you're regularly in bad radio reception country maybe the newer/dearer ones can broadcast of different radio frequencies? Might be handy.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/August-CR100-Transmitter-Smartphones-Blackberry/dp/B001MQ0ROU/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1438674479&sr=8-11&keywords=Car+mp3+player+and+fm+transmitter

Alrite Alan haven't had the chance to reply had a crazy week at work worked my day off yesterday and was busy taking a head off a 1zz a the scrapyard today when a driver phoned cos the one driving the truck had an accident n was standed so had to abandon it and go drive the truck back. Anyway, i followed that link you sent me, bought it and it came thursday, works perfectly so thanks a lot for that, could not have been easier.

Now if i can just finish on time tomorrow i can finish taking that head off beforw someone else comes along and gets it without doing the work haha [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12]