Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking For An 80's Green 4x4 For Bbc Holiday Show

RTRP Ltd

Hello,

I hope you don’t mind me emailing I wasn't sure where was best to direct my request. I work for a television production company called Raise The Roof Productions and we are currently making a holiday series for the BBC called Holiday Of My Lifetime. The show is hosted by Len Goodman and sees Len taking a celebrity guest back to a holiday destination from their childhood. Whilst there they explore their memories of the area and the things they would have seen and done at the time. The show is always very positive and nostalgic about the places we visit and the items we feature.

As part of the format of the show we always like to surprise our guests with the classic vehicle that they would have travelled in to their holiday destination as a child. For an episode we are filming in Haworth we are on the lookout for a green 80’s 2 seater 4X4 similar in style and looks to the picture below. I wondered if any members of the club might own such a vehicle and be interested in taking part in the show? Or if you might be able to help shine a light on what type of car the one in the picture is and whether or not it existed in the 80’s?

If you are interested or may know of anybody you think might be interested please feel free to get in touch or pass on my details. You can call me on 0141 427 5880.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Sam

post-149618-0-16932200-1438603830_thumb.

did you mean green as in colour or green as in environmentally friendly?

The one in the picture is the top of the range second generation 3 door introduced in 2000. The earlier version was only introduced in 1994 so you won't find a Rav4 from the 80's I think.

Your best bet for a 2 door green 4x4 from the 1980's is a Land Rover which is fairly similar to your picture albeit rather more box like in looks.

Your best bet for a 2 door green 4x4 from the 1980's is a Land Rover which is fairly similar to your picture albeit rather more box like in looks.

Best triple your production budget if you intend to use one of Solihull's finest however. You'd be much better off using something like a Suzuki Jimny or an early Lada Niva.

Anything but a bl00dy Landie!

Best triple your production budget if you intend to use one of Solihull's finest however. You'd be much better off using something like a Suzuki Jimny or an early Lada Niva.

Oooops. Sorry firemac did I touch a nerve.

There is also the Suzuki Vitara from 1988

Oooops. Sorry firemac did I touch a nerve.

Nerve? Nerve? Can't imagine why you'd think that!! :laughing:

Lol.

However, If the OP is prepared to have a breakdown truck on standby and maybe a duplicate vehicle like they had while filming Inspector Morse, I can't think of another 2 seated/2 door green 4x4 that was around in the 80's. I guess we will no doubt see what the producers decided when it is aired.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links