Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gearbox

toppo123

hi guys,can someone tell me do I need to drain the oil from the gearbox first before I remove the drives or will the oil stay in the box,i am installing a new clutch,i can see a drain plug at the bottom of the gearbox but can't see where to fill it,

it is a 2009 auris 1.4 petrol car,thanks

I would, as once the shafts are removed if the box gets tilted whilst removing or refitting it can get messy, look in your manual or ring toyota parts dep to find how much and what spec oil you need, and good luck with the clutch change.

thanks for that info avensisd4d786

would you know were to fill it when I get back in again,had a good look around the box but can't see a plug where to fill it,​

Can't comment on your specific gearbox but normally there's a big allen key stud (or similar) somewhere about a third or half way up the box, you remove this and fill with oil until it starts to run out the hole. Do it with the car level if poss.

How often should the gearbox oil be changed for an Auris 1.6 manual?

thanks for all your help,i have the job done and there is a 24mm plug at the front of the gearbox just under the slave cylinder for the clutch to fill the gearbox,

( hi ABToyota reading up on the auris the gearbox oil is due to be changed at every 50.000 miles )

thanks for that info avensisd4d786

would you know were to fill it when I get back in again,had a good look around the box but can't see a plug where to fill it,​

sorry toppo for late reply, glad you found it. what clutch kit did you use? and was the original made by LuK?

hi avensisd4d786

sorry I only getting back now,had a long day yesterday and in my cot early

I used Blue-Print clutch kit good jap stuff, have used this make for years on all my Toyota cars & vans

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links