Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is The 2009+ Avensis Just Cheaper Built Than The Previous?

itaa

from the outside the 2009+ obviously looks miles better, but Now I have been inside in both and seems like the previous 2003-2008 in inside actually feels better built and seems much more quality?

What about other areas is it really upgrade from the previous 2003-2008 model or really just a cheaper built car and not as good only with better/newer design?

One of the major influences for car manufacturers is to save weight, which results in lower emissions, etc, and quite often this has an effect on perceived quality.

they are also required to fit more & more to achieve the same safety ratings (5 star in the Avensis case) as the tests get harder which adds weight & cost but that you will only appreciate if you have an accident.

I have/have had both & whilst there are obvious differences (I prefer the T25 for some things & the T27 for others) tbh I don't think that there is much between them overall (mind you I didn't have the cars back to back so I could be mistaken).

If we are talking about practicality which one wins? btw The Older model seemed to have decent full size roof rails, where the new one has these tiny fragile looking things where I wouldn't want to put up a large sofa or I might break the whole car.

but the T25 just adds crossbars to the rails whereas the roofbars for the T27 take the load up to the same height.

You would need to check the specs for the allowable roof loadings (the T27 is 100Kg incl. weight of rack) but I suspect that they will be very similar (not sure that either is designed for a large sofa tbh).

In terms of practicality so far the tonneau cover for the T27 doesn't seem to suffer from the lug failures that the 1 in the T25 did.

Well..

I'll tell you in a few years how it gets on..

Just purchased a T27 62 Reg facelift.

My current avensis is a MK1 d4d with close to 420k (maybe more or less as the original cluster got damaged by a bottle of lucozade)

Original engine, suspension arms, springs, gearbox,seats, etc

only thing replaced.

3x timing belts 2x water pump, 4 cv joints, 2 rear calipers 2x clutches + flywheels, pads, discs, brake fluid, gear oil.. and lots of engine oil and filters. Serviced at every 4 to 5k!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links