Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Verso 2.2d-4d Sold A Pup?

thesoupdragon

Imo just changing the head gasket only won't be enough & the problem will recur.

OK Car is running nicely it seems however on two occasions after it is well warmed up, when going down a steep hill, the blue temperature light comes on. It goes off again after the hill is passed. Any ideas?

That blue temperature light comes on when the engine is cold (ie when it has not yet reached its operating temperature). Far as I know that's how it's supposed to work.

I thought maybe they'd left the thermostat out of the engine so that it would run cooler (to avoid overheating and possible head gasket failure) but if they'd done that the blue temp light would be on all the time.

Does it normally light up when you start the engine cold and then go out once you've reached temperature?

Yes it is on initially as it should be then goes out after the car gets warmed up. I did a trip the other day and after about 150 miles I went down a very long hill and the blue light came on for about 5 minutes. My wife did a short trip the other day and when going down an even steeper hill the blue light came on for a while then went out again.

Any idea of in what timescale?

No, it will depend upon what actually was wrong/how much damage & what they did to fix it, your driving style etc.

Pretty much all of the original failures manifested from not before 40,000 miles on from new but others that had rebuild sometimes had failures again much faster than that.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links