Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anybody Going For A '65 Registration?

TomdeGuerre

So how do I get a deal like that? Would I need to join the knuckle crushers and give the salesman a special handshake, roll up my right trouser leg and ask him how old his granny is? Or just go for the jugular and show the sales manager the photo you've got of him leaving the Cats Cradle night club with a floozie on his arm?

I knew a guy abck in the 90's who told me what he did was insist on getting the highest possible trade in price. He knew full well the salesman would rack up the interest rate on the HP to cover it so he never questioned the monthly payments then after a couple of months he would go to the finance company and negotiate an early closure deal. THese days it's all integrated though, isn't it, probably the same finance company for the trader's finance as the one for your contract and they've long ago cancelled out these early repayment deals. I've never used HP or taken out a PCP so I don't know specifically which clauses there are but I'd be very surprised, specially with PCP if there was a way out.

So how do I get a deal like that?

It's not an exact science, but going in to any dealer gung ho will not get you anywhere. I think you need to do your homework. Try around online, see what deals are around, maybe get a drive the deal quote. Print them out and go in to work out a deal. You are right, getting finance deals and then backing out or trying to close the deal early can be expensive. Remember when you sign up to a deal it is a legal binding contract on both parties. There are also good times to get deals, usually at the end of the month or even better towards the end of a quarter (Jan-March, April-June etc) especially if the dealer is chasing a target, equally he might already have hit target and not be interested in your deal for that month. There is not a bottomless pit of profit in new cars these days, but dealers are target driven, hit your target, you get a bit of bonus, hit your finance target you get a bit more, etc etc, this is why you can often get a good deal. Going in and saying, right ive got 18K for a 25K car, take it or leave it will probably leave you without a car :lol:

So how do I get a deal like that?

It's not an exact science, but going in to any dealer gung ho will not get you anywhere. I think you need to do your homework. Try around online, see what deals are around, maybe get a drive the deal quote. Print them out and go in to work out a deal. You are right, getting finance deals and then backing out or trying to close the deal early can be expensive. Remember when you sign up to a deal it is a legal binding contract on both parties. There are also good times to get deals, usually at the end of the month or even better towards the end of a quarter (Jan-March, April-June etc) especially if the dealer is chasing a target, equally he might already have hit target and not be interested in your deal for that month. There is not a bottomless pit of profit in new cars these days, but dealers are target driven, hit your target, you get a bit of bonus, hit your finance target you get a bit more, etc etc, this is why you can often get a good deal. Going in and saying, right ive got 18K for a 25K car, take it or leave it will probably leave you without a car :lol:

Aye, i've heard about them Welsh garages and their collection methods.

post-140480-0-13566000-1439301627_thumb.

Edited by TomdeGuerre

Not a 65 but a 15 Excel Hybrid with TSS (Toyota Safety System), picked it up today, must say very please with it, lots of new toys to play with.

regards

Way to go Ian, sounds very nice. Does yours have the self-parking (Park Assist) system? and do you have Adaptive Cruise Control on that model? Once you've had time to play with all the toys why don't you post a picture.

Yes, it has park assist, very scary the first time I used it but you have to trust the system, its turns closer and sharper than i normally would, all you have to do is control the speed and move it from R to D when you R when you are told! Not sure about adaptive cruise control as i have not used it yet, but will try it out soon.

regards

Ian

Way to go Ian, sounds very nice. Does yours have the self-parking (Park Assist) system? and do you have Adaptive Cruise Control on that model? Once you've had time to play with all the toys why don't you post a picture.

What's adaptive Cruise Control?

I don't think it has it but.....Adaptive Cruise Control helps the driver keep a safe distance from the car in front. It detects the vehicle ahead, determines its speed and then adjusts the Toyota’s vehicle speed (within a set range) to ensure a safe distance is maintained.It uses a forward-facing camera and the millimetre-wave radar together to monitor vehicles merging in or out of the lane ahead, helping maintain smooth acceleration and deceleration.

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-safety-sense-a-new-level-of-active-safety-for-the-toyota-range

Ian

I don't think it has it but.....Adaptive Cruise Control helps the driver keep a safe distance from the car in front. It detects the vehicle ahead, determines its speed and then adjusts the Toyota’s vehicle speed (within a set range) to ensure a safe distance is maintained.It uses a forward-facing camera and the millimetre-wave radar together to monitor vehicles merging in or out of the lane ahead, helping maintain smooth acceleration and deceleration.

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-safety-sense-a-new-level-of-active-safety-for-the-toyota-range

Ian

Oh, OK, thanks for the clarification.

No, it is not offered with any level of equipment of the new Auris. However, if you have Toyota Sense (reading road signs) and bi-Led headlights, then you have an collision prevention as well. It works for speeds up to 30 km/h and in city if something jumps in front of you, it detects it and stops the car, but doesn't offer Adaptive CC.

I thought ACC was available on the Excel, must have gotten confused with the Toyota Sense feature or it was just my ADD kicking in. It's a pity they don't offer it because it's a cool feature. I was seriously looking at a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (a '62 pre-reg with delivery miles on it, when the 13 reg had just come out) and test drove it. Worked like a charm and it does away with that nuisance in cruise control, when you come up against slower moving traffic because it will slow you down and then resume automatically once it's clear. The salesman saw that I liked the motor and really wanted to buy it but we couldn't agree on a trade in allowance for my old GC so I walked. Shame really but if a deal's not right then I just won't do it.

• 2 weeks later...

In reply to the original post

yes, comes with....

2 yrs free servicing

free supaguard (wouldn't pay for it normally but great for free)

plus a small discount of the top end & Glasses guide price for the trade in

and nearly forgot mats foc.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links