Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yorkshire Newbie: Hi - What To Look For When Buying A Yaris?

Wayne2015

Will see thanks :)

Budget up to £6k now.

Stretched to mk3 - but deffo NOT going any further! Eeek!

Quite a few 6k T-spirit on the market now :)

Shall I buy now?

Or wait til Sept?

What's the best colour?

Realised mk2 spirit tom-tom not to my liking.

So mk3 6.1" satnav better :) easy to update maps? - USB UPDATE, In theory simple but plenty seem to have issues on the Prius system.

Mk3 came with standard Bluetooth/dab/rear camera /6.1 touch screen

T-spirit came with sat nav? NO OPTION

- glass roof? NO OPTION

- contactless door entry? YES

- push start? YES

- heated front windscreen? NO - NOT EVEN AN OPTION (as far as I'm aware)

Does the rear camera also have sensors that beep at u??? - NO OPTION, they're two seperate systems

Answers above for you :)
  • Like 1

Will see thanks :)

Budget up to £6k now.

Stretched to mk3 - but deffo NOT going any further! Eeek!

Quite a few 6k T-spirit on the market now :)

Shall I buy now?

Or wait til Sept?

What's the best colour?

Realised mk2 spirit tom-tom not to my liking.

So mk3 6.1" satnav better :) easy to update maps? - USB UPDATE, In theory simple but plenty seem to have issues on the Prius system.

Mk3 came with standard Bluetooth/dab/rear camera /6.1 touch screen

T-spirit came with sat nav? NO OPTION

- glass roof? NO OPTION

- contactless door entry? YES

- push start? YES

- heated front windscreen? NO - NOT EVEN AN OPTION (as far as I'm aware)

Does the rear camera also have sensors that beep at u??? - NO OPTION, they're two seperate systems

Answers above for you :)

cool - thanks :)

So Mk3 different to Mk2 (Mk2 spirit had glass roof as standard)

So is rear camera see-able at night????

None had glass roof as standard, has only ever been an option to the best of my knowledge.

Rear camera perfectly serviceable at night in the pitch black darkness of the country side :)

• Like 1

None had glass roof as standard, has only ever been an option to the best of my knowledge.

Rear camera perfectly serviceable at night in the pitch black darkness of the country side :)

Cool

From WHICH.co.uk just standard SatNav for Mk2 Spirit then:

>>>

21 December 2010

the-new-toyota-yaris-sr-240544.jpg

The new Toyota Yaris SR

Toyota is re-introducing the Yaris T-Spirit and Yaris SR equipment grades – at launch prices that make them a bit of a bargain.

Based on the existing Yaris TR specification, the new Yaris T-Spirit and Yaris SR pack in generous amounts of extra equipment – including satellite navigation.

Find out more about sat navs

Toyota Yaris T-Spirit: no extra charge

The Toyota Yaris T-Spirit’s key feature over the Yaris TR that forms its basis is the standard satellite navigation system.

This includes bluetooth to connect your mobile phone, plus a USB port to connect your MP3 player. In addition, the T-Spirit has eight-spoke alloy wheels, climate control, rear parking sensors and chrome front foglight surrounds – all in addition to TR standard kit.

>>>

WOW

I can CUT n PASTE pics on this forum?!!! :gora:

Again only the late T-spirit had satnav on the Gen2 I believe.

• Like 1

The Picanto would have been a fair bit smaller than the Yaris - being in the city car class, it's Toyota equivalent would be the Aygo.

Toyota Roadside Assistance is priced at £68 (annual direct debit), £72 (credit/debit card) or £6 per month (monthly direct debit), and is a Which? Best Buy - see: https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/owners/roadside-assistance.json

So any UK Toyota eligible?

Thats bloody cheap - so does everyone on here with a Toyota joined that scheme???

Yes any Toyota is eligible. If one changes one's car for a non-Toyota, one can get a refund on the balance remaining, less a £15 admin fee. If one changes one's car for another Toyota, the balance remaining can be transferred to the 'new' vehicle.

With my last three Toyotas I've stayed with the Toyota scheme.

Toyota Roadside Assistance is operated by the AA.

• Like 1

Right!

All set!!!

Offered made on a private sale ...waiting for acceptance now!

If all is well,

1. Then 1st thing is to sign-up for Toyota Breakdown service!

- wait, shall I wait til my current RAC one expires???

2. Then get Toyota to do a minor service (oil/filter)

3. Then start a new thread for my car (where does one start a thread showcasing own car)?

4. Then go over YARIS with fine toothbrush to clean, test it works, upgrade software, check recalls etc etc

Wish me luck, everyone :) :) ;)

Right!

All set!!!

If all is well,

3. Then start a new thread for my car (where does one start a thread showcasing own car)?

4. Then go over YARIS with fine toothbrush to clean, test it works, upgrade software, check recalls etc etc

Good luck!

Depending how long you have remaining with the RAC, I would wait until that expires.

There is a button ('Start a new topic') on the right hand side when one moves from the Community page into the Yaris club, click on the button and you're away ...

Right!

All set!!!

If all is well,

Good luck!

Depending how long you have remaining with the RAC, I would wait until that expires.

There is a button ('Start a new topic') on the right hand side when one moves from the Community page into the Yaris club, click on the button and you're away ...

Cheers Frosty :)

The Picanto would have been a fair bit smaller than the Yaris - being in the city car class, it's Toyota equivalent would be the Aygo.

Toyota Roadside Assistance is priced at £68 (annual direct debit), £72 (credit/debit card) or £6 per month (monthly direct debit), and is a Which? Best Buy - see: https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/owners/roadside-assistance.json

So any UK Toyota eligible?

Thats !Removed! cheap - so does everyone on here with a Toyota joined that scheme???

Nope, as its a very restrictive level of cover for my personal experience. I have never covered the car, and always covered myself through the RAC/AA, so I'm covered in any car I'm driving, and even as a passenger.

It has been invaluable.

If you've more than one car, or want protection as a passenger also then the Toyota cover isn't for you, if you only want the car covered and you're happy with the cost then go for it, but don't be fooled by a name, just because it's got 'Toyota' in it doesn't mean its any better than other providers both value and cover wise - Toyota insurance are a prime example of this!

• Like 1

The Picanto would have been a fair bit smaller than the Yaris - being in the city car class, it's Toyota equivalent would be the Aygo. Toyota Roadside Assistance is priced at £68 (annual direct debit), £72 (credit/debit card) or £6 per month (monthly direct debit), and is a Which? Best Buy - see: https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/owners/roadside-assistance.json

So any UK Toyota eligible?Thats !Removed! cheap - so does everyone on here with a Toyota joined that scheme???
Nope, as its a very restrictive level of cover for my personal experience. I have never covered the car, and always covered myself through the RAC/AA, so I'm covered in any car I'm driving, and even as a passenger.It has been invaluable.If you've more than one car, or want protection as a passenger also then the Toyota cover isn't for you, if you only want the car covered and you're happy with the cost then go for it, but don't be fooled by a name, just because it's got 'Toyota' in it doesn't mean its any better than other providers both value and cover wise - Toyota insurance are a prime example of this!

I read the T&C - seems very comprehensive (road, home, relay, EU) only restriction is car dependent.

I have no other car.

And not bother about cover as a passenger.

Yes - agreed, its an AA service - not best in the world, but think they good enough.

I prefer RAC personally.

Then, I hear good things about GEM and LV Britannia too :)

Car manufacturer's vehicle breakdown schemes do tend to be more restrictive in terms of covering the car rather than providing personal cover. The last time we went direct with either the AA or RAC was for two years in 1990 and 1991, when we bought our 1st second car.

Since early 92 we have used car manufacturer's schemes for both cars (which have been delivered either by the AA, RAC or Mondial Assistance) from a variety of manufacturers (Nissan, Honda, Mazda, Toyota and Hyundai) and not had a problem with any scheme, either in terms of cover or service.

Most of the time the breakdown cover has been provided as part of the new car or extended warranty. In the case of our three recent Toyotas, we've stayed with the Toyota scheme when the one year cover provided with the new car warranty has expired.

This year Toyota Roadside Assistance was one of three car manufacturers breakdown schemes that gained a Which? Best Buy (the others being Hondacare Assistance and Land Rover Assistance). Third party schemes that received a Which? Best Buy were, in descending order, LV Brittania Rescue, Gem Motoring Assistance and the AA.

Which? ratings were based on customer score, response time (arriving at a breakdown within the hour), ℅ of breakdowns repaired at the roadside, and value for money.

As with anything, one should make a purchase that suits one's needs.

• Like 1

Car manufacturer's vehicle breakdown schemes do tend to be more restrictive in terms of covering the car rather than providing personal cover. The last time we went direct with either the AA or RAC was for two years in 1990 and 1991, when we bought our 1st second car.

Since early 92 we have used car manufacturer's schemes for both cars (which have been delivered either by the AA, RAC or Mondial Assistance) from a variety of manufacturers (Nissan, Honda, Mazda, Toyota and Hyundai) and not had a problem with any scheme, either in terms of cover or service.

Most of the time the breakdown cover has been provided as part of the new car or extended warranty. In the case of our three recent Toyotas, we've stayed with the Toyota scheme when the one year cover provided with the new car warranty has expired.

This year Toyota Roadside Assistance was one of three car manufacturers breakdown schemes that gained a Which? Best Buy (the others being Hondacare Assistance and Land Rover Assistance). Third party schemes that received a Which? Best Buy were, in descending order, LV Brittania Rescue, Gem Motoring Assistance and the AA.

Which? ratings were based on customer score, response time (arriving at a breakdown within the hour), ℅ of breakdowns repaired at the roadside, and value for money.

As with anything, one should make a purchase that suits one's needs.

I do wonder at times if the same AA for Toyota and personal purchase - that the Toyota breakdown will get preference?

As losing ONE personal customer or dissatisfied is better than upsetting Toyota with its 1000s of owners...

I agree - I prefer to pay £68 Toyota cover as opposed to buying myself and pay £100+ for same cover (but not car dependent)....

STILL waiting for reply from my offer on the Yaris I like :bored::crazy::yawn::yawn::yawn:

Just rung my 2nd choice: 61-plate Mk3 1.33 satnav, glass roof and its just been SOLD :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Lets just hope more mk3 s coming on market as new plates out now :clap:

Warranty:

Mk3 Yaris done 43,000

Toyota service: At 1st year (10k)

Toyota service: At 2nd year (33k) :eek:

Is the Manufacturer warranty still valid?

And when is a FULL+ service (includes spark plugs) due?

Thanks

Warranty:

Mk3 Yaris done 43,000

Thanks

Legally it'll still be within warranty for anything which fails and can't be attributed to not sticking to the servicing schedule.

The big service is about 60k / 6yrs from memory.

• Like 1

Warranty:

Mk3 Yaris done 43,000

Thanks

Legally it'll still be within warranty for anything which fails and can't be attributed to not sticking to the servicing schedule.

The big service is about 60k / 6yrs from memory.

Cheers Bud :)

Rung both Toyota UK and a Toyota Dealer - not re-assuring that both gave me different answers ref FULL+ service.

Toyota UK:

With a service at year 2 with 32,000 on clock means warranty still sticks BUT any issues related to the MISSED service will not be honored.

Ref FULL+ this is ONLY done when a dealer recommends it

Toyota Dealer:

2 year service/32k --ditto--

Ref FULL+ this is done at 40k or 4 years (includes spark plugs)

Right!

All set!!!

If all is well,

Deal is off :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Back to square one.... :fear:

Toyota servicing requirements (except for the Avensis) are servicing every 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

Intermediate services due at 1 year/10,000 miles, 3 years/30,000, etc. Full services at 2 years/20,000, 4 years/40,000, etc.

Brake fluid change at 2 years.

Spark plugs 6 years/60,000

Coolant first due at 10 years/100,000, and then every 5 years/50,000

• Like 1

Are the newer (say 2014 + 2015) CVT autos as troublesome and STAY AWAY as the problematic MMT ones???

Cheers

Are you on about the hybrids?

Both!

There is a newer Hybrid 1.5 and newer petrol 1.33 both with CVTs on eBay now....

2014 Toyota Yaris Hybrid HSD Icon 5dr 1.5 CVT very low mileage 1,871.

$_57.JPG

2015 Toyota Yaris 1.33 VVT-I Icon 5 door CVT Auto Petrol

$_57.JPG

Well the hybrids are practically bullet proof, and the Yaris has 18 year old sound tech in it.

As for the other CVTs, they certainly can't be any worse than the MMT setups.

Well the hybrids are practically bullet proof, and the Yaris has 18 year old sound tech in it.

As for the other CVTs, they certainly can't be any worse than the MMT setups.

Cheers

Sorry stupid questions: so CVT is absolutely fine on the hybrids?

And CVT on the later Yaris is NOT the same as the earlier Mk2 MMTs???

Well the hybrid isn't technically a conventional CVT, it's a toyota powerhouse special with very little parts to fail, and Prius examples of the same setup have well over 300k miles on the clock and still going strong.

I don't know about the traditional CVT setup on the 1.33 Yaris, but it won't be anything like the MMT or hybrid. All I know is that other CVTs I've had have always been smooth boxes and return very good fuel economy.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links