Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

56 Plate Rav4 3 Manual Petrol Clutch Switch Xt4

slowdahhn!

Hi all wonder if any tech guru's can help. XT4

Have retro fitted the cruise control stalk via fantastic write up in the tech section on here which has resulted in a system that acknowledges cruise on/off function with a dash light but is inoperable.

Further investigation of the forum pointed me to a clutch control switch and after removing knee air bag module and heater duct it has been ascertained that there is no switch fitted to my clutch only the stop bolt and a spare threaded hole next to it.

Had a look around and couldn't see any obvious loom or connector in the vicinity with a spare plug waiting to connect to a clutch switch.

Question is can anyone point me in the right direction to look for the connector or do I need to not only obtain the switch but extra loom etc.

Seems hit and miss when reading the experiences of others in that it is a one shot deal or requires extra efforts.

I'm never that lucky to be in the first category ever :disgust:

Thanks in advance for any help or pointers

John

Hi all

After much internet searching I have the following which may be of help to others, sorry was being lazy with the above and hoping for a quick fix

diagrams and location layout attached, multi meter at the ready

Cruise 1AZFE Circuit diagram.pdf

RHD connector location A1& A52.pdf

1,2AZFER-WG Cruise engine Connecor BA2 RHD.pdf

Right all up and running for the grand total of £42, cruise enables and sets and more importantly cancels when brake and now clutch switch are operated as well as via stalk

I used eBay listing for column switch item number 361358655097 @£12.99

Toyota clutch switch part No 88280-14030 @£20

As mine had no sign of the plug awaiting the switch I had to go further and wire mine in, you may be lucky!

Plus various small cable and crimps etc. from Maplins, followed colour code as per diagrams attached i.e. blue and black.

To feed switch tapped into socket IB which is visible after removing glove box, large junction box top left second big plug from left pin 24 blue cable, run to clutch switch in blue, from switch back to left side of vehicle in black, out through large rubber grommet into engine bay and into fuse box on passenger side.

Socket BA2 grey connector pin 10. Spliced my black cable into socket and voila cruise now working.

Hope this has been of help, if you are not an electron monkey ALWAYS disconnect Battery for peace of mind, and especially if disturbing airbag components etc.

Ensure knee airbag module and glove box etc are secured before reconnecting power and firing up.

Good luck and happy cruising

Great work slowdahhn! You are the real tech guru's.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links