Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

6 Years And 165.000 Km Without Maintanance

davidgilmour

9 minutes ago, Hairy Nugget said:

Is this with the 1.0 (1kr-fe) and 5-speed gearbox?
If so - considering the age of your car, it has the old type of manifold/catalytic converter with the "bad" egr-valve placement. Has this ever given you any trouble, or are you still running with the stock one?

From a economic perspective, not servicing your car almost seem to make more sense.. Mechanical sympathy keeps me from doing this myself :)

Here is a Yaris in norway with 300.000km and no service: https://translate.google.no/translate?sl=no&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=no&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.side3.no%2Fmotor%2Fjostein-har-kjrt-300000-km--og-har-aldri-vrt-pa-service%2F8502758.html&edit-text=&act=url

I still think your Iq's mileage is quite impressive, keep us updated on your adventure.

It is the one with the faulty EGR. It hardly gives me any troubles, I know how to anticipate with it. I still hate toyota for refusing a recall about it but I can live with my car. I saved 12 times the cost of the maintenance, a total of 3,350 euros (!). 

I will keep everyone updated in this thread. 

Just read the article from the norwegian guy who did 300,000 km without maintenance. I am surprised that he did not change the tyres, which I really doubt. He says that he only had the 5,000km check and: 

The only thing I 've done with it beyond that, replacing exhausts , brakes once , fan belt , starter motor and a coil . But I would like to split the entire engine and seen what it looks like in there

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links