Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pity Toyota Dont Offer This Hud

barrycoll

A pity Mr T. doesbn't have a box to tick for this for other models than the Prius

It does look a bit big but I am sure that BMW have got it right

• Like 1

It's pretty neat, but I think I'd still prefer it being displayed on the actual windscreen. With the little pop-up lens, it seems a bit over-engineered to me - It looks low down enough that a small Yaris-like display tunnel could have been mounted there for the same information and still not obscure your view of the road, and also cost a lot less to implement.

I must admit I thought the display image was far to small at first, but after looking at the second video it looks like it *is* a proper HUD, like you get in aircraft, and not just a projected image.

You can tell by the way it the image seems grow to fill the HUD lens as the camera moves away from it, rather than shrinking. Very cool :)

I love the HUD in my Prius, but the thought of a fold out/pop up lens - it's just another flimsy part that can break or get jammed in a few years time..! Much prefer direct on to the windscreen.

• Like 1

I'm also one for having it direct on the screen. Its not my cup of tea.

• Like 1

Cant stand any of them, waste of space IMHO

I use my Prius HUD all the time. The Prius SAT Nav gives speed limits and shows red disc with eg 30 in white if you are exceeding the limit. I think I prefer the Prius Hud rather than the pop up BMW one but having never tried th one in the BMW I cannot make a true assessment. I think it will be a BIG mistake if a HUD is not standard on the new Preus Gen 4.

Got to say, I love the HUD on the screen, almost put me off buying the Auris Hybrid for the wife (gen 1 2012 plate) when I realised they didn't have it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links