Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interior Light

Soeley

Can anyone tell me where the fuse is located for the interior light? Got in the car this morning and it's not working, neither are the footwell lights (same circuit). I can look it up tonight in the book, but I am in work now and would like to go and check it out at lunch time. Thanks in advance.

Mark its the 16A one that feeds the radio. On holiday at the moment so cant check the manual for you

David

Oh bugger, the radio is working. So that rules out the fuse then. Thanks for the quick reply David, I will check the manual tonight to see what else is on the circuit and make sure everything else is still working.

Enjoy your holiday ;)

I assume the light hasn't simply been turned off by turning the base of the light itself?

I think turning the light on inside my car turns the footwell lights on as well but not certain now.

Does this happen on both the drivers door and the passengers door are opened, Just wondering if the driver door switch could need a clean?

Craig.

It doesn't make sense for it to be the same fuse as the radio since (I assume) the radio needs the ignition on to work, where the interior lights don't.

Craig, first thing I did was check the Dome switch position, it is set to door mode. Tried turning it to manual and it still didn't come on. Also tried the passenger door and still didn't work. Also with door open the red dash light was coming on, so door switches and that part of the circuit seems to be ok.

I might just nip outside and check the actual connector to the dome light, shouldn't have come loose, but you never know.

According to the manual it's a fuse under the bonnet and it's number 16 fuse, 15A and it does feed the interior light and audio system.

Odd if the radio still works as before?

Craig.

The light has three wires, the Positive is always on while one of the negatives are always on (for the map light) and the second negative on when the door is open. The radio also has two positive feeds, one always on for the clock and the other switched with the ignition. I would pull the light to see if you have power there to isolate the problem before the light or the light itself.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links