Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Damage Done To Front

snash1039

I had a minor accident which there is damage done to the bumper and bonnet. See attached picture.

What would be the cost to get this done and whether I should go to the Toyota main dealer?

Thanks in advance.

post-148521-0-25015200-1440486747_thumb.

Try a local bodyshop to see if they could do a repair, but it looks to me like you need a replacement bonnet and bumper. Cheapest way would be to source second hand parts in black and fit them yourself (or pay someone to do it). However, in my previous experience the colour will almost definitely be a little out or there'll be a scratch somewhere etc, so you'd be better getting them painted anyway, although you could skip painting the underside of the bonnet. I'd guess a couple of hundred quid for the parts plus £250-500 for fitting and painting. Bear in mind using second hand parts means they'll probably be genuine Toyota parts, if that's important to you.

There are non-genuine body panel manufacturers too, maybe you could pick up a bonnet from them, but probably not a bumper.

Toyota would do the job properly but they'll obviously fit new genuine parts and they won't come cheap.

Alternatively go through your insurance.

I wouldn't got through insurance ..they will probably write it off...Unless I am proven wrong otherwise. I'll try eBay or scrap dealers. I think a local body shop will find it hard to fix the bonnet looking at the pic.

I wouldn't got through insurance ..they will probably write it off...Unless I am proven wrong otherwise. I'll try ebay or scrap dealers. I think a local body shop will find it hard to fix the bonnet looking at the pic.

You could let them write it off, keep the salvage and use to payout to cover repair cost ;)

You could let them write it off, keep the salvage and use to payout to cover repair cost ;)

Even if it was my fault driving. I don't think they would wink an eyelid.

Even if it was my fault driving. I don't think they would wink an eyelid.

Sorry you've lost me completely, I didn't understand your PM either to be honest.

Providing there's no hidden damage to the frame, a new genuine Toyota bumper, painted and fitted, would around £500, I'd guess another £300 or so for the bonnet.

Would it be a better option to.

a. Get an bonnet with different colour and spray it.

b. Buy an bonnet and get it painted, if I can't source prefered colour.

c.get it fixed by Toyota but price won't be cheap.

I did notice due to the damage the bar at the bottom of the engine has caved in.

Will I need another engine check to make sure all is ok?

I think you are going about this all the wrong way

Why not have an estimate on the car at a bodyshop? They will be able to advise what is damaged and what can be saved, you can then make an informed decision on how to proceed. At the moment you are seeking opinions of people who do not know your circumstances / budget / damage on your car. It may well have further damage that cannot be seen in the photo such as what you have described with the engine beam. You dont want to be fitting parts and then find something expensive has been damaged in the process

• Like 3

I have not able to source a genuine second hand Toyota bonnet from the net.

However, I am being asked from manufactures (not Toyota original) whether I need a metal or a aluminum bonnet?

Is there a difference as I don't want to make a mistake?

Also, can I use a second hand bonnet from a Tplus or t3 on a T4?

The gen 3 has aluminium tailgate and bonnet, not sure about gen 2. Either should fit but I suspect aluminium will be a lot more expensive (and will be heavier).

er... didn't they use aluminum because it was lighter?

The Gen 2 had aluminum roof and tailgate, not sure about bonnet,

When it was launched Toyota lent some to the Metropolitan Police, and stories did the rounds that they lost several magnetic blue lights because they didn't stick to the ally roof...

Yes weight is exactly why it used, but OP need to decide if it's cost prohibitive or not to use Ali or Steel as a replacement.

The gen 3 the roof isn't Ali, this I can confirm as not had any issues with my mag mount LED beacon setup when I've had to use it on the roof of the Prius. Must have been a gen 2 thing for the roof.

er... didn't they use aluminum because it was lighter?

The Gen 2 had aluminum roof and tailgate, not sure about bonnet, ...

Umm... no, the Gen II has a steel roof and an aluminium bonnet & tailgate.

... When it was launched Toyota lent some to the Metropolitan Police, and stories did the rounds that they lost several magnetic blue lights because they didn't stick to the ally roof...

This is probably an urban myth or perhaps you are thinking of another car. Or they didn't stick but for a different reason.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links