Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Right Side Driver's Seat For The Us?

bicepeak

Hi,

Well we got the Auris in the US as the iM. I really like it, especially that the driver's seat equals the height of my xB. The passenger seat is not adjustable here and does not work well for the elderly and handicap who are sometimes passengers in my car.

So does anybody know how I can get a right side driver's seat shipped to the US? I have been searching without much luck, even for a second hand one that can be shipped here.

Thanks!

Depends where the IM is produced.

The Toyota UK plant is the European production centre for the Auris, but the same car is also built in Japan as the Corolla hatchback, has a similar range of engines to the IM, and exported to countries such as Australia and New Zealand.

I would suggest the IM is probably sourced from Japan.

Yes, it is from Japan. So I should do a "Corolla" search and maybe I will have more luck. I had just thought that since the Auris seats looked the the same as the iM, I thought that would work.

Thanks!

Probably be cheaper for you to import what you need from Japan

Auris is still called Auris in Japan, not Corolla.

Yes, Auris is an Auris can't argue that :D But... They are not producing/selling Auris in Japan. The car is all same but is sold under the Corolla name :)

800px-2007-2008_Toyota_Corolla_(ZRE152R)

• Like 1

Yes, Auris is an Auris can't argue that :D But... They are not producing/selling Auris in Japan. The car is all same but is sold under the Corolla name :)

Hello Alex,

I was in Japan in April and I can asure you that Auris is still sold as Auris in Japan... :goof: Here is a picture of my personal archive :laughing: It was taken in Nara park, Japan :P

P.S. Download the picture and zoom in on the Badge.

P.S.2 The picture you have attached is not of a car, sold in Japan, not even in Australia, as this car is LHD, not RHD :P

xfrl6s.jpg

Hmm oh well, might be one from South Africa then. Didn't pay attention, just searched for corolla zre hatchback and attached picture of an Auris with Corolla name on it.

Can't see your picture mate, but I believe it is possible. I know many guys who have just sticked Auris Badge to their Corollas as a mod. Grass is always greener... well I think you know :D Are you sure this wasn't the case with the car you saw? Or maybe it was new model and they have changed the name now?

Hmm ...

Are you sure this wasn't the case with the car you saw? Or maybe it was new model and they have changed the name now?

I don't think so :P Look at these Auris's :D http://www.beforward.jp/stocklist/make=1/model=108 and http://www.goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/TOYOTA/AURIS/index.html

And also this Wiki

Japan
220px-2007-2008_Toyota_Corolla_%28ZRE152
Interior

Introduced as a new model in 2006, the Auris replaced the Corolla Runx and Allex. Trim levels were 150X and 180G. For model year 2007 on Japanese models only, G-BOOK, a subscription telematics service, was offered as an option. Japanese models were built by Iwate Plant, Kanto Auto Works, Ltd.

This is interesting, I was always sure Auris is Corolla in Japan. Even on websites with parts search I had to choose Corolla ZRE152 and never saw Auris option anywhere. It would be also strange that the same model is produced with two different names...