Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla E12 2004. Help In Locating Interior Fuse Box And Dash Cam Ins

stumica

Good evening all,

I have a UK import 2004 Corolla E12. I'm going to install a dash cam and would like some assistance.

First and foremost, I would like to know the location of the fuse box (the one located inside not the by the engine)

Secondly, I would like to install a dash cam too and would like to know to which fuse should i connect the latter if:

a) i decide the have the dash cam always on (since I have motion detection function)

b) i decide to have the dash cam on/off when I turn on/off the ignition.

Last but not least, I would like to know if there is a spare fuse too.

Thanks in advance.

Stu.

Cutting in to existing fuse connections is not easy as they are all tucked well out of the way behind the glove box.

To get access you need to remove the screw holding the damper to the glove box body, then pull to unclip the glove box and you will see the fuse box and pollen filter housing behind there.

For low powered devices I simply lifted out the gearbox lever /cig lighter surround and took power off the cig lighter for the camera. ( you could put a lower powered fuse in line with the camera )

This allows the camera to run / controlled by the ign but also allows you to run it while say parked, but with the radio on when the ign key is in the first position.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links