Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen, Dash Lights And Door Mirrors.

rrockettman

I've noticed a few things since owning my T spirit hybrid.

The windscreen was replaced just before I bought it and in low sunlight it seems to have a metallic speckle in the lamination. Quite nasty to look through and polarised glasses make no difference. Is this normal or a cheap replacement?

No dimmer switch for the dash lights? They seem quite bright at night and every car I've driven since the 90's has had a dimmer switch.

Heated door mirrors? I can't find a switch for that either. Are they heated, do they come on with the heated rear window?

I can't believe that a top of the range car seems to have forgotten some of the basics.

Thanks in advance.

Russ.

Russ, dimming is done in dash with the lights on using the reset button, it it until you get some lines which are stepped, and then press and hold and it'll go through the different brightness options.

Heated door mirrors come on with rear screen heater normally on most cars, and do on my Prius, so assume the Yaris is the same (if fitted).

• Like 1

As regards the screen check there should be the makers identity marked on the glass, usually towards one of the corners, and the same applies to the rest of the vehicle's glass - you will probably find the screen is from a third party manufacturer.

Pages 285 to 289 of the owner's manual informs one how to dim the panel lighting.

Page 372 of the owner's manual refers to the window/mirror defogging system

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.

The windscreen is a Pilkington Glass replacement from one of the national windscreen companies.

Do the original hybrid screens have this problem, do they differ from non hybrid, lighter weight?

I'll try the dash lights again next week when I drive after dark.

Happy driving.

Russ.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links