Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Built In Bluetooth Malfunction

weeleyboy

In June last year Toyota replaced the radio/cd player which was malfunctioning in my 09 Avensis Estate. This has worked fine up until now when the bluetooth function has ceased to work. When I make or receive a call the ring tone doesn't sound and the radio display says talking but neither I or the the other caller can hear anything. I've tried unpairing my phone and reinstalling it with no improvement.

I know this particular radio/cd has had problems in the past but I haven't seen any reference to the bluetooth side of it. Anyone else had this problem?

Phone I'm using is an HTC 1S with the Android os version 4..8.12.16

The handbook describes the radio as a type B CD Player with AM/FM Radio with a cd changer controller. No built in sat/nav. No other info available.

Might be a help if you say which audio unit you have.

Not much info available, have posted it in original description.

photo of the unit may also help, even trim level of your car may narrow it down.

Car went to Toyota dealer for MOT and I asked them to check the bluetooth function and they said they had tried it with 2 Iphones and both worked ok so appears to be a phone problem. Have deleted phone and re installed but no difference.

Have tested my daughters iPhone which pairs and works perfectly so obviously an HTC problem. Have scoured the web with no luck for a fix.

At least the fault was found to be the HTC phone.

Derek, it would be more helpful if you could add photos and model details, to help description.

post-76861-0-75000900-1441782581_thumb.jpost-76861-0-85531300-1441782561_thumb.j

This is the model (W53828) fitted to my '09 Tourer - model number by the DISC-AUX button . I am using Samsung Galaxy S3 and Nokia Lumia 625.

You did the correct thing by trying other phones, so it is not the radio/cd player.

Since it's your HTC, try the mobile phone forums to see if there is a firmware or bluetooth issue.

Do a backup of any saved data (photos, docs, etc not apps) and make sure you remember your Google account password. You may have to reset the phone back to factory to clear the issue. Once you log back into the Google account your apps should reload to phone as before. Then you can try and pair the phone.

These details will help somebody in the future and my suggestion help you.

Hi Konrad, Many thanks for your advice, I'm about to try your suggestion. I have Googled the problem but have found nothing useful on HTC forums. I did email HTC support with my problem but had no response as yet.

The model of my radio/cd is exactly the same as yours. I will report back my results.

Regards

Derek

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links