Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Verso T180

Crispy1

I only have part Toyota service history on my recently purchased T180, I have read a few threads and it seems I am living with a time bomb. I have 93,000 on the clock on an 07 D CAT. Do I have any rights or do I just wait for the engine to fail? I must add that the engine is currently running perfectly with no smoke or loss of fluids.

Suppose the most referred to thread on issues with the AD series engines, is the following - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/132178-charliefarlies-guide-to-the-toyota-2ad-diesel-engine-and-its-issues/

Toyota provided a goodwill measure of extending cover on these engines to 7 years or 111,846 miles, whichever occurs first. Presumably yours is an 07 registered car, which would now be outside Toyota's goodwill measure.

If you bought the car from a dealer, any rights that you may have will be against them - for example Sale of Goods Act 1979, or the Supply of Goods Implied Terms Act 1973 if the vehicle was bought on Hire Purchase.

Thanks Frostyballs

I think therefore as I bought privately and went on Autotraders recommendations I am up the proverbial without a paddle. I fall within the mileage but not the age so guess I will have to part ex the car soon (if anyone will take it).

Just one last point, is every single one of these engines destined to fail early?

Thanks Frostyballs

I think therefore as I bought privately and went on Autotraders recommendations I am up the proverbial without a paddle. I fall within the mileage but not the age so guess I will have to part ex the car soon (if anyone will take it).

Just one last point, is every single one of these engines destined to fail early?

No, it is a percentage. Numbers aren't known, and it may be a small percentage - we just don't know.

Ok thanks Frostyballs

I have the Auris if all goes wrong and honestly I really like the power in the Verso. It is much better than my previous MPV's (Grand Voyager, Grand Espace and Scenic), so fingers crossed!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is the 2.2 D-4D 136HP also affected by the 'AD engine' problems? Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm currently on 200k miles and nothings gone wrong yet, but I'm considering buying a lower miler.

all 1AD/2AD engines of a certain age are potentially affected (see the TSB).

Bear in mind though that it's believed that under (probably well under) 5% of those actually develop the problem & it appears that the more powerful the car the more prone i.e. a higher % of T180s develop the issue than the standard 2.2 or the 2.0 D4D.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links