Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reliable Car Will Not Start After A Slow Bump

zainuluk

hi all,

I had a very slow bump against a car park bumper fence. After the bump on turning the key there was no ignition, no power what so ever, the light on the dash didn't turn on. It was like the Battery was dead. However, I have never had an issue with the Battery so not expecting it to be that. Also after about 2 mins, during which time I opened the bonnet and then closed it again, I turned the key and this time the lights on the dash lit up. But on turning the key any further, to start the engine, the car just loses all power. Now taking the key out and the trying to start the car again there is no power again. Waiting another 2 mins results in the same lights on the dash but no further. I am assuming that it has something to do with the bump kicking off a safety feature which means the car does restart until reset.

Anyone have any ideas.

Hi,

Might help if you mention the year and model you have and if the bump was on the rear or front.

My thoughts would be one of to things, though only thoughts as never expereiced anything like that.

First, the bump might have damaged the plates of the Battery or the Battery has just happened to give up at the same time.

solution , new Battery or try one from elsewhere..

Second, the bump might have disturbed the main power connections from the battery or where the main earth wire is bolted to the car body.

In both cases, a disconnect, clean and reconnect should help.

Would not have thought a sensor fault /damage would totally kill the car / electrics

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links